27 March, 2008

Something Even I Can Do With Wheat

Remember this post about my lack of knowledge in the emergency preparedness realm?

Alicia had mentioned she had a yummy recipe for Whole Wheat Pancakes which then garnered many requests. Here is the recipe, courtesy of our favorite Movie Queen:

Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes

In blender pour in:
1 C. wheat grains
1 C. milk
blend on high speed for 4 mins.

then add:
1/2 C. milk
blend an additional 2 mins.
then add:
2 eggs
1 t. salt
2 T. sweetener (brown sugar)
1/2 C. oil
3 1/2 (three and a half) t. baking powder
blend until batter begins to rise (roughly a few seconds)

I can't wait to try them!


7 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Those sound great. I think we'll try them this weekend with our big breakfast. Thanks for sharing:)

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, this made me so happy to see! I was hoping you'd tried them already so you could vouch for just how yummy they are. FYI~ It might take a few tries to get them just right. I've never been able to make them quite like my mom's, but maybe you have more cooking skill than I do!

Jan said...

I have made these pancakes for years and never tire of them.. I add some flaxseeds meal and it adds a little nutty flavor and punches up the nutrition. These are great reminders of what we can do with wheat. I called the Church storehouse yesterday and they didn't even have wheat right now. I will post some wheat ideas sometime too since you show interest Lindsay.

tharker said...

We too love these pancakes! Not only are they super easy, but they are delicious! I love them covered with homemade freezer jam. YUM!

Okay, so maybe that sugar filled jam actually takes all healthiness out of them, but man they are tasty!

Kris said...

Sounds yummy! The whole wheat would kill my Sydnee, (literally), but the fact that you can make these with some of your food storage is awesome! It sounds like they are yummy!

Tiffani, we use Homemade Jam on everything, and I consider it healthy!

Shayla said...

Alicia, I thought you didn't make pancakes...just picked them up from IHOP when the need arose. :-) I have a great whole wheat waffle recipe that I make, but I've never done whole wheat pancakes. I'll have to try this one for sure.

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. I always wonder what to do with food storage items like this. I'll have to try this out soon.