31 August, 2007

My Birthday Week

I love my birthday! I know I sound like I'm 10 years old, but birthdays are so fun! I've always loved birthdays ever since I was little. Now that I'm married with kids, birthdays aren't quite the same as they used to be, but I do get a little something called Birthday Week.

Jared and I do a birthday week for each other every year and it is awesome! During one's birthday week the other person does all sorts of favors and nice things. For instance, who cleaned the house, folded the laundry, made dinner and cleaned the kitchen last week? Not me! It is so nice to have a break from some of the daily responsibilities. In turn, during Jared's birthday week, I do all sorts of nice things too. In fact, I have to be kinda careful because his birthday is after mine. If I get too bossy and demanding, he just gives it right back come his birthday week!

Besides all my special "birthday week" requests, my birthday turned out so nice. On Wednesday afternoon, Tiffani, Karen, and I went to Seattle to attend the Michael Buble concert. It was so fun to go with them. We are all huge fans of Michael Buble and this was Tiffani's first concert ever!

First we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. When I'm pregnant I'm such an avid food lover and you'd be hard pressed to find someone more excited than me about eating. The food was delicious! I think we gorged ourselves silly on avocado egg rolls, our meals and 2 pieces of cheesecake. This is a picture of us at dinner....

Then we went to the concert at McCaw Hall in Seattle. We had great seats, the acoustics were amazing, and Michael was positively dreamy! {Again, I sound like I'm 10, but he has a fabulous voice, he's good looking and charismatic, so dreamy is the only word that I can think of to describe him.}



All good things come to an end though, so we drove back the same night and didn't get back home until 3 AM!

Needless to say, I was pretty tired yesterday for my actual birthday, but it turned out to be such a great day. A few of my friends surprised me and made me a nice lunch for my birthday. I really appreciated their thoughtfulness so much.

Then Jared and I went to Bonefish grill for dinner and when we got home, my kids {with Jared's help} made me this...


Isn't it cute! My very own candy-gram birthday card! They were so excited to give it to me. I also got a new camcorder since our old one just broke.

It was a great end to my Birthday Week. So maybe I turn my birthday into something more along the lines of Hanukkah, but whatever! It's fun and I encourage everyone else to have their very own birthday week too!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun week! I am so going to have to tell Luke I want a Birthday week!!!

melanie said...

Uh birthday week is about to be adopted around this house (my birthday is in a couple weeks)! What a great treat to look forward to. But, Milo's birthday is the week of Christmas, could I handle the pampering of him right during the holidays?

So glad you had a little girl's getaway too. How fun!

Samantha said...

Lindsay happy birthday! sounds like you truely had a birthday week. we do birthday week but not like you do. it's more like me walking around saying "Happy birthday week to me" after everything I do. Happy Birthday!

Shayla said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! It looks like you had a fabulous week. I love the poster, homemade gifts like those are the best.

tharker said...

I'm so glad that you had a great birthday Lindsay! Of course, how could you not, since you rang it in with Karen and I in her car! Wooo hooo......!

I love ya! And I'm so glad you like the shirt, it looks fantastic on you!

Erin said...

love the candy card, how thoughtful!! sounds like you have some really nice friends!! and husband! :)

Brooklet said...

Happy birthday!! I love the idea of birthday week, since most birthdays now a days don't even feel like birthdays.

You all look so beautiful in your picture at the cheesecake factory!

Heather said...

I'm glad you posted about Buble! I hope you enjoy your birthday week- its still going right??

meohmyers said...

Dots how you rolo... hilarious!!

Jared you're so creative!! I loved the candy-gram birthday card! Too cute!

So glad you had a great birthday!

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday to you Lindsay! That candy-gram is adorable!

Kris said...

This getaway looks like so much fun! I'm glad you were able to have a great birthday week. I love the candy-gram card and the fun girls night! Happy Late Birthday!

Tip Junkie said...

Happy belated birthday!! That poster is so creative and yummy! :)