School just ended and while it is exciting to think about summer, my 3 children all had fantastic school years. A huge contributing factor is the fact all 3 kids had absolutely amazing teachers. I think I say that every year, but every year it really is true. Apparently we've been blessed by the good teacher fairy or something because my kids have really hit the jackpot.
::Chloe::
Chloe had Miss Molly this year and of course, I can't say enough about how wonderful Miss Molly is. I'm pretty sure she is an angel walking the earth. Chloe adored her this year.
Here Chloe is on the last day of preschool with Miss Molly:
What is your favorite thing to do at Preschool?
Snack time
How come?
because we have fun things
What were some of your favorite things you learned in Preschool?
letters and the sounds, painting the pot and doing the flowers
Who were your friends at school?
Emi, Bella, Katie, Sasha, Audrey, Maylie
What was your least favorite thing to do at school?
playing because I just don't know what to do.
What did you like about Miss Molly?
Hugging her
What was your favorite classroom job?
being the line leader and passing out the snacks.
What's something that made you sad at Preschool?
Picking up. {of course}
What's something that made you happy at Preschool?
Eating snacks {anyone else sensing a theme...}
What was your favorite song you sang at Preschool?
Willoughby Wallaby
Tell me something funny from Preschool:
the songs
::Kaiya::
Kaiya has had a tremendous school year. It's hard to believe that at the very beginning of the First Grade year, back in September, she wasn't even talking to anyone. Crazy at how much progress she's made in 9 months! I know that a huge factor in Kaiya's success at school socially and her great love for school is due to Mrs. Smith! Mrs. Smith is a fabulous teacher and I feel so so grateful to her and all she has done for Kaiya specifically. I'm not to sad about First Grade ending though, since Mrs. Smith is moving up to Second Grade and taking her whole class with her! She will be Kaiya's Second Grade teacher next school year and we are ecstatic!
Here's Kaiya with Mrs. Smith:
What is your favorite subject in school?
Math
How come?
Because the problems are easy and it's fun.
What were some of your favorite things you learned in First Grade?
I didn't learn anything.
Who were your best friends at school?
You know. Sidney and Emma.
What was your least favorite thing to do at school?
Writing because it's boring
What did you like about Mrs. Smith?
Her classroom and her kindness. She let us have free choice.
What did you like to do at recess?
Play chicken. You know those 2 bars? You have to hold on and put both legs over the other bar. And do it again and again. If you tag the person, you win.
What's something that made you sad in First Grade?
When Riley moved.
What's something that made you happy in First Grade?
The treasure box. My favorite thing was the bubbles.
Also, the fun party she gave us when we got 100 stars and 1816 AR tests.
Tell me about each thing:
Reading-- I like reading chapter books. My favorite is Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
Writing- I don't like it because it's boring.
Math-- It's my favorite subject and it's fun.
Science--We get to look at our bugs in the terrarium.
Library--We get to read fun books.
PE---It's my favorite special and I'm fast at running.
Music--We get to watch videos. I liked being the letter L because the letter L starts with my Mom's name.
Art--I'm good at art and it's fun!
What do you want to do when you graduate High School?
I want to go to college and I'm going to miss you when I go to college.
Tell me something funny from First Grade:
When Emma laughs. I love her laugh and it makes me laugh too.
Kaiya with her friend, Emma:
::Carson::
I can't believe my baby boy just finished Fifth Grade. It's onward to Middle School for him! Crazy how time flies! Mrs. Kuffel was the best Fifth Grade teacher a kid and parent could ask for. He loved her because they have a similar sense of humor. He had so much fun with her and she said that he, along with all his friends, always made her laugh because they were so funny. As a parent, she was a dream because she really prepared those kids for middle school. Work had to be turned in on time or there were consequences. Whenever they got completed work/tests back they always had to do a self-evaluation of what mistakes they made, how it could be fixed, what could be better, what they needed to do differently. It taught him to really be accountable. I thought it was really telling how great of a teacher Mrs. Kuffel was, when reading Carson's end of the year note to her, he said, "I wish this wasn't your last year teaching because I wish my sister could have you for a teacher when she is in 5th grade."
Here's Carson with Mrs. Kuffel:
See! What a funny sense of humor!
Math
How come?
Because I like to do it.
What were some of your favorite things you about Fifth Grade?
D+D (Special projects, like where you had to make a bug, make a solar oven, a lunch box, a musical instrument).
Who were your best friends at school?
Cameron, Jacob, Chandler, Wyatt, Ethan, Casey, Titan
What was your least favorite thing to do at school?
Art and Tech and Library. I didn't have Music this year.
What did you like about Mrs. Kuffel?
She was strict but nice. She let us do cool projects. She was funny too.
What did you like to do at recess?
Play basketball
What's something that made you sad in Fifth Grade?
When the first day of school started. Just kidding! I was joking!
What's something that made you happy in Fourth Grade?
When the last day of school ended. Summer time! I liked doing the cool projects.
Tell me about each thing:
Reading-- I liked SSR. My Favorite book this year was The Westing Game
Writing-- It was alright. I guess.
Math- I liked doing the Map Test. It was fun.
Science-- There was a land and water unit that was fun.
Technology--- It was boring.
Library-- I found some good books like Torn.
Music - Didn't have it this year.
PE--- Getting a 7:11 on the mile.
What do you want to do when you graduate High School?
Go on a mission then go to college.
Any other memories?
This year was a good year.
Carson with his good buddies, Cameron & Jacob:
This is where I was like, "Ok, let's get one last shot of both of you at the Elementary School." Here's the little gem I captured:
Ok...this one's much better! :)
Peace out, School! See you in the fall!





3 comments:
Carson is gonna be in middle school!! what the heck? I can't believe how old they are all getting. Man I love them so much, they are all such good kids. I love the list of questions you ask them each year. such a good idea.
I love your end of the year summary. Gotta start doing that...
Best update ever! Loves your kids!
Post a Comment