02 November, 2011

Halloween 2011

 Here's all our Halloween Happenings:

 ::Pumpkin Patch::

We went to the pumpkin patch this year {again}. I love the pumpkin patch. I don't really know why, I just do. Jared is a good sport, because I think he's been to the pumpkin patch enough to last a lifetime, but I just really like the tradition every year.

Here's the kids picking out their prized pumpkins.

Chloe's is all warty and stuff. She proclaimed it "The Perfect Pumpkin" so I guess you can't beat that!



Here's Carson's Pumpkin:


Kaiya searched and searched and couldn't find the perfect pumpkin. She was having a hard time deciding whether to get an orange pumpkin or a white one. Finally, she asked, "Can I get two?"  Sure, Kaiya!  Isn't that so her?!


There they are posing with their pumpkins:


On the hay ride back:


Gotta love cut-outs!


Climbing the hay bales:


Chloe running around the hay maze:


Carson waiting for the girls to finish:


Kaiya posing for the camera:


Other Pumpkin Patch moments:
--looking at the animals. The girls love to pet the animals. Carson won't even set foot in there. I guess that pig bite when he was 3 scarred him for life. :)
--Corn maze--Seriously walking around the kiddie corn maze forever...only to finally find our way out...through the entrance!
--eating yummy samples and ice cream! 


::Ward Halloween Party::

Karen and I got called to be in charge of the Ward Halloween Party. We decided to change it up a bit.  We didn't have a carnival this year, got rid of the chili/cornbread feed in lieu of doing a pasta bar, and then added a photo booth for families and coloring and cookie decorating for the kids. Also, we had our big trunk-or-treat at the very end. 

One of the big things with normally doing the carnival and stuff is that families are always helping with all those things. We felt that it never gave families time to enjoy it with each other, because a parent always had to help with games and stuff. Therefore, we decided to try to do as much of it as possible ourselves. We had a few women do the decorations, other people do the back drop for the booth and take pictures, and then we tackled the food ourselves.  

Uh...did I mention that the food was for 400 people?!

Because it was.

Crazy, huh!

That's kinda how we felt. This was definitely the largest amount either of us had ever made before. We provided red Marinara sauce, homemade Alfredo sauce, pasta noodles, grilled chicken, meatballs, salad and bread. I can honestly say that I've never seen so much Alfredo sauce in one setting in my entire life.

It turned out great though. Karen and I were really pleased with how it all came together. Karen--if I ever have to make a big meal like that again, I definitely want you by my side! I've already got you penciled in for helping me when my kids get married! :)

Here's our family at the Ward Party:


::Carving Pumpkins::

We carved pumpkins on the Sunday before Halloween. Nothing like waiting till last minute!

  

 

The kids' finished products:

  

 




::Trick-or-Treating::

For costumes this year, Kaiya decided to be an angel, Carson was an astronaut, and Chloe was Dorothy. Carson never really cares about costumes, so luckily I was able to borrow from a friend. I also borrowed Chloe's dress from a friend, and Kaiya's costume we just kinda pieced together stuff we already had and then bought a cheap halo. Earl families--you may see a reappearance of this angel outfit come Christmas Eve!

After having a yummy dinner, we just decided to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Unfortunately, the girls are such fair weather girls--literally---that they wanted to go home by 7:15. I decided to take the girls home, due to the fact they were cold, wanted to eat their candy, and also wanted to answer the door for trick-or-treaters.  Jared decided to go out with Carson some more, so he would have to opportunity to get more candy. Much to my surprise though, they came back to the house by 7:30! Carson said he was good and had enough candy, but Jared said you could tell that it was no longer fun for him without the girls and that he was feeling old and lame. 

Bummer.

It kinda makes me sad that he is starting to be old and his time trick-or-treating is winding down.

Next year I'm gonna make the girls tough it out more so we can all go together longer and he can trick-or-treat to his heart's content. We will also have to join up with another family so he can have a friend with him.


Oh, this is kinda funny...guess who's candy is that---you know, all sorted and organized...


BINGO!! It's Carson!

The lovely Miss Kaiya:

Oh, and here's Chloe the next day. She was so excited on Halloween to discover that she had vampire teeth and none of her siblings had them. She excitedly put them in her mouth and was scaring people all night. She even took them with her to bed.

The next morning she was screaming because her vampire teeth were broken!

She sobbed and sobbed. She was devastated.

Just look at her....That's a sad Chlo-Bo!


Guess Halloween's Over......

5 comments:

PRP said...

Your kids are so stinking cute. I just love them.

And yes, next time I have to cook for 400, your my girl! Weddings? DONE.

Angie said...

oh your halloween festivities looked so fun!
congrats on the ward party, it sounded awesome, and I bet they really loved it.

Kim said...

You got some great pictures!

That is so crazy that Carson is getting that old. Your girls need to go out with Elsie...she could've gone all night!

Your ward party sounds great. I have no doubt you guess did an amazing job!

Betsy said...

All of your kids costumes are so cute but both of girls looked darling.

tharker said...

Your dinner sounds so yummy! So glad it all worked out and it sounds like everyone loved it!

Um, how much do I love it that Kaiya drew eyelashes on her pumpkin?! Gotta be a girl-y pumpkin...love that girl!

I love your kids so much. I had forgotten about Carson getting bit by that pig. Holy cow, that was a long time ago ;) It makes me sad to see them all growing up so fast, but I also love that I've been able to watch it and be a part of their lives. Love you guys!