18 February, 2011

Friday Thoughts

What's currently invading space in this big ol' head of mine...


::Changes...what's up with all the changes?! First all the wards get changed up and they create a new ward, but now they are splitting our stake?!



::Went to the PTO meeting last night and heard information about the Bond. Hopefully it will pass. All the other options--like multi-track, etc...what do you all think?



::I forgot my coat today and I'm freezing, sitting here in the portables. It's gonna be a long day.



::It's like 42 days until we go to NYC! Not that I'm counting or anything. Right now we are trying to decide on things to do. I have a feeling that even though we are there for a week, there will still not be enough time to see everything we want to do!



::Which, btw, I am looking for a new spring coat and comfortable, yet stylish, walking shoes for NYC. Any ideas, anyone? You know, I don't want to look like a country bumpkin who made it to the big city for the first time.

::Carson started playing basketball a few weeks ago---He told me that the coaches nicknamed him "Gazelle"---to which I responded, "Hey, buddy! That's cool! You must be pretty fast!" He then responded back, "Oh, no. That's not why. It's because I jump all crazy when I'm trying to make a basket." Oh. Ok, then. That cracked me up!



::It's 9:05 and I just ate half my lunch. Did I mention that it's gonna be a long day?


::I'm helping plan a Pajama Party-themed going away party and baby shower next Friday for my fabulous friend, McKenzie. The girl is like 36 weeks and totally uncomfortable so really is there anything better than actually having permission to wear PJ's to a party on a Friday night?!Everyone is invited, so the more, the merrier. Come say goodbye, as she is moving at the end of the month!


::Carson is participating in Destination Imagination this year again. I'm not the coach though. It was soooo time consuming that I decided it would be better not to do it. The competition is next Saturday and well, quite frankly, they are completely unprepared. We will see how it goes. Apparently the boys have goofed off a bunch and now they are starting to feel the consequences of not getting stuff done earlier. I think it's going to be a great experience either way. On the one hand, they may totally pull it together and do well. On the other hand, they might have a hard time of it, but will have had fun and also learn that things aren't handed to you, success comes through HARD WORK. Win-win, in my book.


::I guess I'd better go. If you happen to stop by the blog and read this post, say hello and tell me what you're doing this weekend. I'm subbing today and I'm bored----

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Bored Lindsay :) We are leaving for Portland today, but will be back tomorrow night late, so you don't need to text me the changes as they are announce :) I'm so jealous of your NYC trip. I loved the Gazelle comment

tharker said...

Bored and freezing. Not a good combination.

I'm so excited for you guys for your upcoming trip to NYC! (so maybe i'll have to live through you a bit...whatever) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Carson = Gazelle? I think I need to see this. I wonder if he and Josh will be playing each other soon. If it makes him feel any better, Josh does this weird fish flopping out of water thing, while pumping his fists any time their team makes a basket ;)

Angie said...

Here's my advice regarding NYC. Just realize now that it is impossible to do EVERYTHING you want in one trip. I've been there 4 times, and still have things that I need to do. Make a list of the, let's say top 5, most important things you want to see/do, and make sure you cross those off your list...anything else will just be a pleasant and welcome surprise. believe me, this will make your trip much more enjoyable, and a lot less stressful. You guys will have so much fun.

ps. I looked into that LCD soundsystem. I guess the Madison square garden concert is their retirement concert, and kind of a HUGE deal. Now, I'm super jealous.

camery said...

I'm the worst commenter. I meant to tell you I thought you were witty when you changed the design of your blog. I meant to tell you how stinkin' cute your kids rooms turned out...you get my point. But I HAD to stop what I was doing and comment on your concern that you might look "country" on your trip to NYC. I'm afraid that is something YOU will never have to worry about. You could wear your pajamas and I'm sure they're cute enough you'd still pull it off. Have a great time on your trip!

Unknown said...

My sister rocked her TOMS when she was in NYC for 3 weeks, and said her feet never hurt once. As for my big plans this weekend? Got none, although I think I will turn on my sewing machine tonight since its been like over a month.

Sarah said...

Carson's nickame is cracking me up. You'll have to post some of his "Gazelle" shots.

Lisa Christine said...

Ahhh...NY.....lucky girl!