You know how sometimes you have plans in your head and you think to yourself, "This is gonna be great!" and then it doesn't go exactly like how you pictured? Well, that was this Valentine's Day for me. Despite my plans not going off like I imagined though, Valentine's Day was fantastic!
Here's what happened yesterday...
::Woke up early and made my family heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. Also decorated the table with red chargers and everything.
::Kids came downstairs all happy because I heart-attacked their doors with hearts all over and put streamers all over them.
::Jared letting me know that he was on his last pair of G's AGAIN---last week he may have had to handwash and dry a pair before work.......Grrrr...ticked me off since I didn't want to be reminded of that when I was trying to make a special breakfast...
::Kaiya, unhappy with her clothing options, asked for a different outfit for school than the one I laid out for her because it wasn't "Valentine-y" enough.
:: Girls sobbing later....Kaiya, because her "lace" {a fancy word for streamers} had all fallen off, yet Carson's managed to stay on just fine, so she thought that was unfair and wanted them fixed....Chloe, because she didn't have any "lace" on her door and wanted her own lace.
::Me feeling disgruntled because I had tried to make a nice Valentine's morning and everyone was grouchy....
And later....
::Kids home from school all excited about their parties and candies.
::Me walking into the door and seeing roses from Jared...Ok, now I'm not annoyed by the laundry comment anymore...And yes, maybe he had a point cuz after all, he DID have to wash his own G's by hand last week and dry them...
::Me making a Valentine's pizza for the kids in the shape of a heart
::Going on a fun date with my hubby and some friends to Bonefish Grill and to see a movie.
::Home after fun date and feeling grateful for 4 Valentines in my life. Love them all so much and even though some of the day didn't go like I pictured in my head, I love doing things to make them feel special and know they really do appreciate it.
Life is good.
7 comments:
My plans always go exactly accordingly so unfortunately, I can't relate...:)
Heart shaped pizzas ROCK.
As do flowers.
And date nights with movies, unless that movie is True Grit. Was it???
What a good mom - heart shaped pancakes and decorated bedroom doors. Awesome!
Sounds just about perfect to me! I want me some more Bonefish Grill...delish!!
If my kids find out about all of the cool stuff you did for your kids, they're not going to think the heart shaped mini cakes I decorated for them are so cool anymore. So let's not tell them, okay? :)
You are such an awesome mom! Even if things did go a bit awry (how do you spell that word, anyway?) it still sounds like the day was fantastic!!
It's all about the good intentions right?..at least that's what i tell myself. :)
I'm glad it turned out good though...good for Jared for coming through.
p.s. it doesn't look like Jared has been in any rush to change the blog template. Perhaps you need to change it into something super girly or obnoxious...this grey, simple, template..may be too "Jared".
Wow! I am totally impressed at all you did for your family. They are so lucky to have you.
Just read your post previous to this one......still laughing!
I love this post. I just 100% get it.
Post a Comment