Holy Smokes! I can't believe January is more than half over! I made a goal to myself this year that I would be so much better about blogging. I would do more than a monthly catch up post of what my family was doing and go back to blogging 4-5 times a week. Sheesh...it's toward the latter end of January and let's just say I haven't started strong out of the gate.
Anyhoo...
What's been going on in our household...
Well, we've been trying to eat healthy still and I've figured something out about Jared and I---
We are only fun when we get to eat what we want.
It's like on that episode of Friends when Monica dates "Fun Bobby"---take away Bobby's drink and he's..just.......Bobby-minus the fun. That's like Jared and I. Apparently there's a lot of truth to the whole "eat, drink, and be merry" thing. I mean come on....no jokes cracked from Jared, no "that's what she said" from him either....though now that I think about it, there haven't been alot of "guns" flashed either so maybe that's not such a bad thing....
On Tuesday night I had the opportunity to attend this. It was fantastic! I applaud her so much for being dissatisfied about the lack of music here in our area and taking it upon herself to do something about it. So often many of us, myself included, are vocal about the things we don't like, but yet don't do anything to go and change it. So kudos to Marilyn, for bring musical talent to our area. I loved the evening---it was my first "house concert" and the intimate setting rocked! Both Charith Bagley and Sarah Sample were, in one word, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
Hmm...what else....Oh yeah, I got released from my calling in the Relief Society and received a new calling at church. I'm now back in Primary teaching Valiant 9. I've always been with the younger kids in Primary so it's nice to be with the older kids. They are sweet kids, though I'm getting schooled by some of them. Seriously...they are like a thousand times smarter than I am. Each week I find myself saying, "That's a very good question. I'm not sure. Let me get back to you on that." Last week, one of them told us how he studies his scriptures every day by using the topical guide and then proceeded to give us a very in-depth lesson about it. I was like, "Wow!!! You're awesome!" and thought to myself, "I wanna be like you when I grow up!" See, this is going to be great for me.
I caught a little bit of the crafting bug this last week. I was seriously so productive it was crazy. I painted Chloe and Carson's rooms and have made a few things. Kaiya's room was painted previously and the other two kids were always like, "No fair that Kaiya's room is painted and ours isn't." Chloe and Carson both received new bedding for Christmas so it was the perfect time to paint their rooms. Now all of you who've been to my house are probably like, "What?!!! They actually painted?!!!!" I know...settle down people! I dare say that 2011 may be the year that we actually get our rears in gear and make our house look like a home. You know, a home a family lives in, not one that looks like it was moved in to the week before. I'll have to post some of the stuff I made in another post because quite frankly, I gotta have a little recognition, so I'll keep staying productive. You know, like, "Good job Lindsay! Keep up the hard work! That's great!"
Well, I guess that's about it for now. I'm also going to post some pictures of some of our other holiday and January happenings soon. Speaking of a little recognition...hey, if you want to throw me a bone and comment on this post, that would be awesome. After all, I have the maturity of like a 4 year old and a "Hey, you should keep up with the blogging!" will hopefully be a good enough motivator to blog some more this month. :)
12 comments:
Good job, Lindsay! That's sincere. I really am glad you blogged. I want to see their rooms...you must get some pictures.
Oh, and I COMPLETELY know what you mean about food and fun. It's really one of the only things that makes me genuinely happy. (I guess my family does come first!) I am not the same without my normal treats and eating out and late-night snacks.
Me, tossing the bone: "You should really keep up on blogging! It's so great to have you back!"
No really, even though I know everything there is to know about your family, I love to read up and see the pictures. The kids rooms look amazing so post away-you'll get tons of praise!
And yeah, you and Jared without food is, well, sort of sucky. Like me and Brad. We need to find the balance Bates!
Great post! Loved the fun bobby reference-I think I have the same problem. Don't forget to post your amazing talent, cuz it was so amazing. Keep up the good work!
I always love to hear what's going on with you guys! So keep it up! And I want to see pictures of the rooms. I am always looking for decorating ideas and I love to see what other people do...I am sure they look great.
I'm totally nodding my head about the food and fun/happy people correlation. I am just not an excited person whilst I'm eating salad and low calorie food. I need chips, Dr. Pepper and lots of carbs to keep my mood up. Ha! I'd love to see pictures of your paint job too. Good luck with your blogging goal for the year! You can do it!
I can't wait to see pics of the kid's rooms! I bet they look amazing.
Hey, you should definitely keep up the blogging!! I can't wait to see the crafty projects. In all our married years, I haven't really ever decorated and made my home feel like a home. Maybe one day, when I grow up.
Always love to see a new post from you, Lindsay! Especially since I don't really get to keep up with you any other way. I'm SO glad to know that I'm not the only one that has serious house decorating issues. I painted this past month, as well. Have I put up pictures yet, though? No. They're still all sitting below the wall I want to put them on. One step at a time, right? ;)
Not gonna lie, was totally excited to see a new post pop up in my google reader. And I really want to see what you made, post pics ASAP!!!
Wow I feel exactly the same way about dieting. I feel like it takes a huge chunk of my personality away. If I can't be excited about food, I don't have much I can be excited for.
"Wow!" "Great job!" "Keep up the good work!" :)
I can't wait to see what you did with Carson and Chloe's rooms. I am especially excited about seeing what you did for Chloe's wall... (that's me pushing you to post a picture of the tree!)
I AM excited that you're back!
ummm, I've never been in your house.
But good job! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Post a Comment