27 January, 2011

Random Thoughts

Just some random thoughts going through this head of mine:

::I'm the worst carpool buddy ever. Just remembered now {3 hours later} that I forgot to tell Kristin to drop Kaiya off at Karen's house instead of mine. Wish I could say it was the first time I've done that sort of thing, but both Kristin and I know that it isn't. Good thing one of us {not me} has their head on straight.

::Subbing today. Subbing bilingual first grade is hard because they all speak SPANISH. Hence the reason it is called bilingual---should have thought about that more before I took the job. Oh well. But, hey, one of the girls' name is Princess. How awesome is that?! Kaiya would just die. If she knew that was even a name choice, she probably would want to change her name.

::Ate Costco chocolate cake for breakfast. I know. It's the breakfast of champions! Thinking about having some more when I get home. But really, should you eat a SLAB of cake in one day?!

::Need to get in to the hairdresser ASAP. I have so much gray I look like Cruella Deville. It really does look like witch hair and I can only wear my hair in strategic hairstyles these days. Took picture of said salt & pepper hair and sent it via text to my hairdresser, along with a pathetic text that went something like this: "I know I had to cancel my last appt, so you probably feel less than sorry for me, but can I please get in? You'd be my best friend forever..." Guess that best friend invite wasn't as tantalizing as I thought it would be---She couldn't get me in until February 25th. What's a girl to do?!

::Big Stake Meeting this Sunday evening to finally, FINALLY, redo all the ward boundaries and get a new ward in our stake. HOORAY! Our ward is HUGE. It's bittersweet though, since we'll lose so many people in our ward. I wonder what ward we'll be in.

::Speaking of Stake stuff, Jared and I got asked to be a Ma & Pa for the upcoming Stake Trek. Isn't that the funniest thing you've ever heard of?! Jared and Lindsay as a Ma & Pa! Call me crazy, but we aren't exactly the "pioneer" type--we aren't even the outdoorsy, camping type. Turns out that as of now we are the only people from our ward going---isn't that ironic? Don't ya think? Oh, and they were looking in our ward for awhile for others to go, but then announced they didn't need others to go because there already was a waiting list in the stake. So this is me putting it out there, that if any of you reading this are dying to go, feel free to take our spot... :) Guess they got a big chuckle in Ward Council when they realized we were the only ones going. Jared said they laughed a little TOO hard, like they knew how much of a "fish out of water" situation it is. We thought for a little bit that Jared's family reunion might be the same time, but alas, the reunion got moved to next year. Oh, and on top of everything else, apparently you have to learn pioneer songs and dances. Jared was like, "I find it hard to believe that the pioneers were singing and dancing, when, you know, they were so busy DYING!!!" All joking aside, I'm sure it will be a good experience for us....either that, or maybe they'll just kill us off early... :)

::So excited to go to NYC in April. Anyone know of good shows to see? I need some sugguestions!

::Carson got 1:30 on his multiplication test yesterday. He was super excited. He has been working all year to get it down to 1:30. His teacher said that when the kids got it down to 1:30 then she would buy them McDonalds.

::I noticed on my blog that Jared put up the archives again. I hope, Jared, that wasn't what you considered "redesigning" my blog. Hmph...

::Alright. Can't think of anything else to say and the kids will be back soon so this is me signing off...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I still like your sharpie idea...

tharker said...

Well, you know what my reaction was when you told me you and Jared were going to be Ma & Pa...sorry for laughing ;)

All joking aside, I think that it will be very hard, but I also think that you guys will do a great job. And I know one thing for sure...those kids are going to LOVE you guys!

Spencer made me go to Karen's and get a piece of Costco cake for him. He was in heaven! I personally don't think you can go wrong eating cake for breakfast ;)

This weekend's ward changes are going to be interesting to say the least. I too wonder what ward we'll be in.

Good luck on the hair!

hatch said...

Please know I say this with love, I really do.... I am laughing out loud reading about your upcoming Ma and Pa experience. I know you feel about the same way I do about camping. However the kids on the trek are in for a fun time with you two.

Costco chocolate cake... I am jealous!

melanie said...

Even if you get laughed at until it happens, I think you guys will be great on the trek. I'm laughing pretty hard though, I can totally hear Jared saying the dying comment. He cracks me up.

If you can't wait until Feb 25th (and your girl wont care), call me for a fill in.

Ang is definitely your show woman. Ask her. A friend loved Jersey Boys (I think she did too), see that one.

Jill said...

The Costco cake sounds so yummy-I would indulge in another piece if I were you.

I think being the Ma and Pa is hilarious-as I recall Jared has a snore that they all will remember unless he's outgrown that in the past thirteen years or so!

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you to see Wicked. I have no idea what will be running, but I loved My Fair Lady and of course you can't go wrong with Phantom or Les Mis. I heard Jersey Boys was really fun too.

::lindsay said...

@ Jenn-- Totally going to use the Sharpie if I have to go much longer without getting the hair done. Maybe Sunday? After all, we're getting new wards and a girl should look her best! J/k!

I'm gonna have to look into Jersey Boys. Thanks ladies!

cate create said...

That's so cool you're going to NYC! Very fun reading your blog - love the way you write!

Kristy said...

I love how postponing the reunion is driving you guys to be Ma and Pa in the trek! I'm excited to read that post. As for New York, you can't miss "Wicked." You have to enter into the lottery (you just show up where you buy the tickets 2 hours before the show and put your name in a drawing, and if they pick your name you can buy up to 2 tickets for $25 each). The best bet is to try the Wednesday Matinee show. Oh it's also smart to team up with another couple and make a deal with them to give you their tickets if they both get their names drawn. Also, one of our new favorite places is called "The Shake Shack." There's ton of them everywhere, try the "black and white" shake.

Larry and Janice said...

Yep - I can't wait to read your Trek blog entries too! We Woodruffs know the Jared Bates history - so with you two as a match, how hilarious! I had to email that paragraph to all our family so they could be in on the fun. We're especially enjoying the idea of Jared doing the pioneer songs and dancing! Seriously, tho - your pioneer family are gonna LOVE you guys!

A Bug's Life said...

I'm so glad that you guys FINALLY are getting some resolve to your stake/ward situation. Make sure to give us an update on that. And didn't you say something about your kids room getting decorated...pictures needed! daishan