I felt like I was initiated into the "big girls" club this year....I hosted my first Thanksgiving! Kim, Aaron and Elsie came from Boise, Angie & Qiana came from ML, and even Mitch got to come home for the holiday! It was a weekend full of football, food, video games, food, board games, food, movies, food, dancing, food, laughter, and yep...food.
Thanksgiving dinner had all the fixings. I made my very first turkey ever. It turned out fantastic! Yea me! I also made these yummy sweet potatoes. Kim made delicious homemade rolls. And Mitch....don't even get me started....He made some of the most amazing side dishes ever! Just to give you an idea of how delicious it was...it took him 3 days to make the gravy. He also made a delicious brussel sprout-apple-bacon dish, a cauliflower and onion dish (the little onions had been soaking in a sweet sauce for 24 hours), some amazing homemade stuffing with sausage, and gave the mashed potatoes enough seasoning, cream, and butter to make them magical.
For the next couple of days, along with the massive amounts of leftovers, we snacked on pumpkin cheesecake, german chocolate cupcakes, banana chocolate chip cupcakes with nutella frosting, buffalo chicken dip, artichoke and feta dip, homemade french bread, bbq pork, and other deliciousness.
In non-food-related news, our family spent a lot of time having fun and hanging out. The little girls spent a lot time playing tea party, games, or wrestling with the boys. On Friday night we got a babysitter and the adults went out to dinner without kids. Oh it was so nice. we have never been out to dinner with just us in...forever, or ever really. It was so fun to have a couple hours of quality conversation, food, and fun with the siblings.
Saturday, while the boys watched football games, Lindsay, Kim, and I took the girls to go see "Tangled".
It was such a cute movie!! And it was so fun to watch all the girls enjoy the movie together.
Kids had fun, Football games were exciting, board games were competitive, dance parties were hilarious, conversation was funny, and family time was complete.
What a great Thanksgiving! Thanks guys for coming!
1 comment:
Mitch's sides were AMAZING. And pumpkin cheesecake...YUM. I love good food and family time. Nothing better.
Post a Comment