Because it was such a low-key Halloween, our costumes weren't as carefully planned out as usual. Kaiya borrowed a ballerina costume, Chloe wore the same Indian girl costume from last year, and then Carson decided to be...wait for it...a soccer player. Pretty exciting, I know. I tried to get him to be several different things, including a cowboy because how fun would that have been with Chloe's Indian Girl costume?! But he insisted that he would take care of it. When it was almost time to go, I was like, "What are you going to be? You aren't showing up at the Halloween Party without a costume and expect to get candy at the trunk-or-treat." He was like, "I'm a soccer player. BOOM!" as he pointed to his soccer clothes he had on. I was like, "You mean the same smelly soccer clothes you've been wearing since your game this afternoon." He was like, "Yep, those are the ones. Sweet, huh!"
Here are the kids in their costumes:

The ward party consisted of dinner, games, and then a trunk-or-treat. Carson playing twister:
Kaiya and Chloe playing twister:
Getting faces painted:
I think each kid was supposed to get only 1 cupcake at the cupcake walk and then go do something else. Yeah, Chloe got 3.
It was her favorite game {Big shocker...} and kept coming back.

Here she is with two cupcakes:
Chloe and Calvin---A cowboy and Indian....
Home with their loot:
Boo-ya!
They came home super excited about their loot. Though it was a little strange not to trick-or-treat, they loved answering the door and giving away candy. While they are super pumped to go trick-or-treating again next year, it was a nice Halloween!
3 comments:
Love the picture of Chloe with two cupcakes in her hands. Totally a girl after my own heart. :) And a kid doing their OWN costume thing, totally okay with that, too. I shouldn't be allowed near a sewing machine and yet, Halloween seems to bring out the wanna-be Mormon crafter in me. :)
Oh my gosh, Chloe with two cupcakes...I LOVE that girl!
Love Carson's expression in the first picture. He's too funny!
kaiya looked adorable! and that indian outfit on chloe was too cute. Surprised Carson didn't pull a Jared and go as a pirate soccer player, or some other random put together mix of costumes.
Post a Comment