10 November, 2010

Jared's Birthday

I'm a little embarrassed to say that Jared's Birthday AND Birthday Week came and left with little to no fanfare. It really reminds me of that Cosby Show episode where Cliff complains about Father's Day and the crappy presents everyone gives him. Jared's birthday fell on a week where there was like a gazillion things to do, including Super Saturday. Sorry, Jared...I'll do better next year!

We did manage to go on a nice date though. We decided to do something a little different this year and try a new place. We both were feeling a little burnt out on the restaurants here. We heard about a place in Dayton, called Patit Creek, and decided to give that a whirl.

I'm glad we did. The place itself is nothing special, but the food is delicious! I should have totally taken pictures but I didn't. Oh well. Jared got the filet mignon and I got the beef medallions. Both were amazing. The biggest surprise for us was how much we liked the bacon wrapped dates appetizer. It doesn't seem like something we'd like, but they were so yummy! If you ever have a chance, you should go there!

On his actual birthday, the kids and I gave him his present and we had a nice evening in where we hung out and watched movies. It was fun to have the family time since we'd been so busy.

Here he is with the kids:

Yep, and of course they had to take a pictures with "guns" because heaven forbid they take just a normal and nice picture. That's ok though because it's very fitting, especially for his birthday!

1 comment:

tharker said...

Oh...the bacon wrapped dates...they were SO good! Why oh why didn't Spencer and I order TWO plates of those things? Oh well. Not only was the food great, but the company was awesome too!! I hope Jared had a great time!

Love the guns!