23 October, 2010

Pumpkin Patch '10

This year I briefly thought maybe our family could skip the pumpkin patch. I knew of some possibilities of where we could just pick pumpkins, so I thought that might be good enough. When I broached the subject with the kids, they literally looked at me in complete horror, as if I said let's skip Christmas and said, "We got to the pumpkin patch EVERY year!!!!!"

Alright, alright. I got the message loud and clear. Real pumpkin patch it is...

Here the kids are---posing on the pumpkins. You can tell they just want to get started already, but their annoying mom is making them pose on the pumpkins to get a "great" picture.



On the hayride, ready to go get pumpkins.


Here's Chlo-Bo picking out a pumpkin. I thought that one looked a little pathetic, so I said, "Hey, Chloe...let's keep looking...."


Carson found his!


My efforts ended up being in vain, because as soon as we left pathetic pumpkin #1, Chloe laid her eyes on the "perfect" pumpkin and it was love at first sight. She insisted on having it.

When the kids saw her pumpkin, they said, "Oh, look! It's a nugget!" She promptly responded, "It's not a nugget!!!" She then repeated all evening long, to anyone who would listen, "My pumpkin's not a nugget! It's not!"

Here's Kaiya with her pumpkin---I think she may be obsessed with white pumpkins this year:


Jared and Carson when I asked them to smile for the picture. I know, see what I have to deal with?!


Kaiya again. I had to include this, because she loves posing for pictures.


Here's the kids' loot:


My three pumpkins:


Carson & Kaiya in the corn maze:

It was at this point in the evening that my battery in my camera died. I forgot to charge it. So no sweet pictures on the haystacks and stuff. Oh well. I think my kids were relieved because then they didn't have me chasing them with the camera.

After we finished with the pumpkin patch, Carson was really pushing for dinner at Red Robin. He was laying on the pressure as hard as he could with things like, "I'm totally craving all-you-can-eat steak fries right now." or "Man, it would be so fun to go to Red Robin. Kind of like the perfect ending to a fun family night." Then he pulled out the big guns...he got Chloe saying, "We go to Red Robin please?"

I mean, how can you turn that down?! We went to Red Robin and had a great time, and we can home with pumpkins, having participated in a fun family activity, and our bellies full from burgers and fries. What more could you want?!

Life is good.

6 comments:

hatch said...

Sounds like a very fun night!!
Thanks though its not even 9am and I now I am craving Red Robin. Yum. :)
Your kids are adorable.

PRP said...

Mmmmm, Red Robin. YUM.

That picture of Jared and Carson needs to be on a billboard somewhere.

Angie said...

Those pumpkins are all so fitting for each kid. I love it.

Glad those kids made you keep up the tradition!

Julie said...

LOVE it! Esp the part about Chloe asking for some yummy eats!

Kim said...

You don't even know how jealous I am of your trip to the pumpkin patch!! We had a not so fun afternoon yesterday looking for a pumpkin patch that didn't charge an arm and a leg (Aaron was being ridiculously cheap!!) and ended up with Elsie crying in the backseat and Aaron and I not talking...for a while. Glad you guys had a good time! And a trip to Red Robin never hurts either. :)

Larry and Janice said...

I'm thinking Jared looks like probably the biggest of all your cute kids! What a fun tradition!