16 June, 2010

Future Dentist on our Hands?!

Upon recently going to the dentist, Carson realized that he had a "loose" tooth. I use the term "loose" loosely {hee hee, pardon the pun. I know I'm such a dork.} because it really wasn't that loose. I think his dentist mentioned something about that tooth coming out soon, and then Carson just kinda ran with it.

Every waking moment Carson would wiggle that tooth. He was determined to get that tooth out.

Now if you know Carson at all, you know that the kid is completely determined when he's decided something. He has a one track mind and is obsessed.

He decided he wanted that tooth out.

Want proof of his determination? Well, I came downstairs the other day, and this is what I found:

I was like, "Who got the pliers out and why is there tape on it?"

Kaiya replied, "Carson did. He was trying to pull his tooth out."

WHAT?!!!!!

It immediately conjured up images in my mind of the psycho Asian dentist dude on the show, ALIAS.

Remember him?

Maybe Carson could be a dentist someday? Though I wouldn't want to go to him, I think he'd be a little too hardcore for me, since he was willing to pull out his own tooth with pliers, sans any sort of numbing or drugs.

Anyhoo, fast forward to one day later and the kid pulled out his tooth {with his fingers, no pliers}.


This is a disgusting picture, but look...there's like a pool of blood and the tooth seriously still had major root on it. That tooth was NOT ready to come out yet.


Here's Carson...totally excited to put his tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy.


Carson excitedly woke up the next morning for his treasure from the tooth fairy, when much to his chagrin, there was no money. Apparently that delinquent tooth fairy forgot to put money under his pillow!

Luckily, the next morning he woke up to a note from the tooth fairy saying that, "By her calculations, she thought he was to lose his tooth a bit later and she was sorry she was late." She then paid him an extra dollar for her tardiness.

And if you can believe it, Carson is now searching for another tooth to start wiggling.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Okay, I'm totally like Carson. I love, love pulling out teeth, especially molars! Once I pulled out 4 of my little brother's teeth in one sitting (and they weren't really loose either). The orthodontist was going to pull them out, so I figured I'd save my parents some money.

Angie said...

carson is insane. :)

Sarah said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurts. It's amazing what kids will do.

Lisa Christine said...

lol....Alexandra got a bonus Dollar last week too....for the same reason! That tooth fairy is just running behind lately, isn't she?!

tharker said...

Okay, the psycho Asian dentist from Alias comparison is CRACKING ME UP!

Just another reason I ADORE that kid. Love him!!

Heather said...

Yeah, I wouldn't be going to see Dr. Bates either. (And I'd keep him as far away from chelsea as possible!)

Kim said...

He is crazy! Yes, he needs to be a dentist. Money, money, money!!