While Carson still thinks school is fun, he's at that age where he's pumped for school to be over.
3rd grade has been a great year for Carson. He moved to a new school this year and really enjoyed his class, which is a good thing since he'll be with those kids for two more years! He's been challenged much more and liked his two teachers very much.
Here's some things that have defined Carson's 3rd grade year:
new school
new friends
4 square at recess
reading all the time
chess
destination imagination
scouts
learning to have patience
Yesterday was the last day of school and I decided to take the kids to get doughnuts in the morning to kick off the day. Here's Carson, so impatient with me because I had to get a picture and he was afraid we were going to be late:

Here's a picture of Carson and his teacher, Mrs. M:

Here's Carson and his teacher, Mrs. B:
They were fantastic teachers and he'll be sad to leave them.On a side note---We really loved his new school this year. The staff is fantastic and just really go the extra mile for the kids. Yesterday all the staff was outside saying their goodbyes to all their children. Once most of the goodbyes and thank yous had taken place, the whole staff went out in a line by the road and waved goodbye to all the buses and parents leaving. I thought to myself, "See! That's a great school! I'm glad my kids go here!"
Here's a few of Carson's thoughts about the school year:
What is your favorite subject in school?
Math
How come?
Because I learned a lot of new math strategies like lattice and partial products.
What were some of your favorite things you learned in third grade?
When we were learning about plants and also how to type better.
Who were your best friends at school?
Jacob, Cameron, Chandler, Wyatt, Tyler, Titan--they are all nice to me.
What was your least favorite thing to do at school?
Go to music because I don't like to sing songs.
What did you like about Mrs. Mathews?
She is a great teacher because she helps us with our work and is kind to everyone.
What did you like about Mrs. Bunger?
She was nice to everyone and taught me a lot of things like summaries, and summarizing a book.
What did you like to do at recess?
Kickball and 4 Square.
What's something that made you sad in Third Grade?
Nothing.
What's something that made you happy in Third Grade?
When we went on the field trip to the Henry and Beezus play and McNary Wildlife Refuge.
Tell me about each thing:
Reading--I liked reading the Red Pyramid book and other books. My favorite book we read as a class was The City of Ember.
Writing--I like when we wrote our Spring Break paragraphs.
Math--I liked when we got to work in our math books.
Science--I liked learning about plants and ecosystems.
Technology---I liked writing my own stories on Type to Learn.
Library--I like checking out Eldest, it was an outstanding book.
Music --nothing.
PE--- I liked running the mile.
What do you want to do when you graduate High School? I want to be an engineer, because I like to do math.
Tell me something funny from 3rd Grade:
Both teachers are pretty serious about being funny--they don't let us be funny.
I make funny jokes though.
Carson is no longer a 3rd grader....it's on to 4th Grade! I can't believe it. He's getting so old...and so am I.
4 comments:
carson in 4th grade? holy cow...yeah I feel old too.
But so glad he's had a great experience in his new school!
way to go carson.
Glad he had such a great year! Our teachers came out and waved to all the kids too. I thought that was nice, although it was so crazy there I don't know if the kids noticed or not. :) It just cracked me up that he disliked music class and everytime you asked him what he liked about it he said nothing. So funny.
I always love to hear of Carson's love of music...
I love Carson. I can't believe he just finished 3rd grade.
Post a Comment