22 June, 2010

Cub Scout Day Camp

Last week Carson had Day Camp for Cub Scouts. He had a blast. Some of his favorite things included: BB gun shooting, archery, making a catapult, making a boat, catching a fish, making a marble maze.

I was able to volunteer one day and go with him. Despite the cold day and getting wind burn, I had a great time too. I even got to try archery for the first time too. I felt like Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games....except for the fact I had no archery skills whatsoever.

Here's some pics from the day:

Carson just shooting his arrow---

Carson actually hitting the target--
Carson catching his fish--

Carson making his marble maze---
Both years Carson has attended Day Camp he has had a blast! I am so grateful for the women who put together Day Camp. I can't even believe the amount of work that goes in to putting one of these on. They do a phenomenal job. It's always so fun and creative. I'm sure that they have had to live and breathe this stuff for months.

Now with Day Camp over, Summer has finally begun! Hooray!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

you didn't get a picture of you shooting an arrow?....disappointed.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'm always amazed how much work goes into day camp, this year was no exception. Doing such awesome activites sets the boys up for being super excited about scouts. I love your pictures.

tharker said...

Ditto on the amazing job that those women put into Day Camp every year. Josh came home every day last week and said that it was the best day ever!

Kim said...

Really, I wanted to see your archery skills!!

Looks like such a fun time. I think I would've loved that stuff as a kid. Too bad they don't do things like that for girls.