Yep, our family has contracted the dreaded H1N1, or as we refer to it, that blasted swine flu.
This is the sickest our family has ever been---all at the same time. Jared, Kaiya, Chloe, and I all went to the doctor on Monday and tested positive for it. Carson, meanwhile, is still healthy as a horse. We kept him home from school anyways, because I figured with 4 out of 5 people sick, surely he'd get it too. But, he's still all chipper {which is kind of annoying when you feel like you're withering away} and saying things like, "I feel fantastic!"
Anyways, the girls, Jared, and I have felt like death since Sunday. Chloe has been so sad to look at because she just lays there all day. She can't even walk around. Kaiya has had really high fevers since Sunday. Jared and I have been completely incapacitated. Oh, and the cough. Don't even get me started on that. It hurts like nobody's business.
On a side note, I hate Walmart and will no longer be getting my prescriptions there. I'm too tired to write about it, but in a nutshell, they are incompetent.
Oh, and don't even get me started on the public school system---the check-out girl at the doctor's office took like 5 minutes to figure out that 4 co-pays at $25/ea was $100. She wrote down $25 on a piece of paper 4 times, couldn't figure it out, and finally got out her calculator. REALLY?! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! I AM TOO SICK TO DEAL WITH INCOMPETENT PEOPLE!!!
Finally, while watching Sid the Science Kid today with Kaiya...guess what it was about! It was about getting your Flu Shot Vaccination because everyone should stay healthy. It's so awful to get the flu. ARE YOU MOCKING ME, SID!!!!!
Anyways, I guess we are starting to turn the corner because today I would say we know longer feel like death, but like death's cousin.
Apparently when you contract swine flu you are contagious for 7 days. Luckily, Jared is going to work at home today, tomorrow, and Friday , so he won't have to miss too much work. So for now, we are at home, recuperating, and will rejoin society next Monday when we are no longer contagious.
Sorry for all the complaining. I would have spared you all from reading this, but it's not like I could even call anybody to complain, because oh, yeah, that's right....my voice has been completely GONE since Saturday night.
Okay, that's enough...this is a very grouchy, sick me signing off....
11 comments:
Lindsay I am so sorry that you are all sick at the same time. That just sucks!! Glad to hear that you are turning the corner a little. We did miss Carson at the assembly yesterday but better safe than sorry. We will wait your return to the land of the living.
Feel free to call me, and whisper your complaints. I'll turn up my speaker really loud so that I can hear you ;)
I'm totally teasing. I feel so bad for you all that you're so miserable. Now that you guys are starting to turn the corner, I really hope that Carson doesn't come down with it. I hope he stays healthy and "feeling fantastic" (that boy cracks me up!)
Let me know if you need anything!
i totally understand! it sucks big time. it's probably better that it's all at one time though, could you imagine having a month of sickness...yuck.
Sorry that you guys are sicko.
Seriously not knowing 4 x 25 that is ridiculous!
We go the pharmacy at Freddy's and love it.
I wish I could come and help! But even I won't risk your death disease for a little helpful service. If there's anything I can do, from AFAR, I'm your girl.
That totally sucks. By the way, we HATE the Walmart pharmacy as well. Apparently they hire incompetent people all over the country! Hope you guys are feeling better soon. We just went through it two weeks ago.
I SO feel for you and your family. I'm fairly certain that's what Morgan and I had a few weeks ago, but we didn't get tested. I was too sick to take myself in. I'm surprised they tested all of you, did you guys all have fevers? I'm wishing you tons and tons of good feeling vibes and hope you start to feel better soon.
You must've felt cursed to all get it at once! We're so glad you're getting over this. You've definitely done your time!
Linsday, I'm so glad you are starting to feel a little better. I was afraid that Super Saturday killed you off. Let me know if you need anything. I can drop it on your porch, ring the bell and run:) No seriously, let me know.
Death's cousin...that is hilarious! You are funny even on your death bed. Hey, we need more info on the school system stuff!
I love Walmart but I learned loooong ago that they really struggle in the pharmacy dept. They NEVER seemed to get it right and the took forever.
Complain away...you make me laugh!
thats no good! And all at the same time, that sucks!
Let me know if you need anything, I can come over and help you out if you need since I already had it.
No fun, I feel for you guys, hang in there!
Post a Comment