05 November, 2009

Soccer

Soccer Season officially ended on Saturday. Jared coached Carson's team again. It was a little trying this year. Carson's team received 5 new players who had never played before, as well as about 2 others who had only played a little, so our team had a lot of learning and growing to do. It was especially hard playing teams where the teammates had been together for several years. Sometimes they would lose like 15-0 and it was hard to keep our kids motivated and not discouraged. I was especially proud of Carson because as many of you know, he is the type of kid who likes to win, so I loved that he would get in there each game and try his best.

Here's a few photos of the last game:




7 comments:

Heather said...

That's one big smile!! Kinda like the smile Jared had every time he talks about South Africa. Must run in the genes.

Angie said...

I LOVE the fact that carson loves soccer...and i bet jared is an amazing coach

Sarah said...

Our soccer season wasn't that great at times either. I'm glad he still had fun though and it's great Jared can coach his team and spend that time with him.

PRP said...

That last picture is awesome! Glad he had a good season even with a young team.

tharker said...

I love the last picture! Carson is such a good kid, and I'm so impressed with how hard he works at everything that he does.

Kim said...

He looks so grown up in those pictures! What a soccer stud!

Brooklet said...

With Jared as a coach, I bet they all came away from the season a little more wittier- good way to handle the 0-15 games!