27 August, 2009

I'm Back on the Streets

I got my van fixed and she's as good as new!

Here...take a look for yourself:



You know, I've just come to the conclusion that driving is just never going to be my thing. I'm gonna embrace it. Jared really wishes someone could chauffeur me around everyday and quite frankly, I kinda wish someone could too. I could totally handle the whole "Driving Miss Lindsay" thing everyday---way less stress.

It's like on the movie, Zoolander, how Ben Stiller's character isn't an "ambi-turner." I'm not an "ambi-driver" because I can't drive both ways. Apparently I can only drive forward. Driving in reverse is where I really start to screw things up. My Wal-mart incident was me backing into another car and the whole Sonic fiasco was backing out of the stall. I know. I don't know what my problem is.

The good news is that I've got a really good Auto Body shop that I can recommend. Yeah, most people have a good doctor or dentist that they can recommend. Don't get me wrong, I've got those too. But hey, how many people can say they've got a name of an Auto Body Shop that they like using?

Anyways, her husband's business did an awesome job on the van. So it was a little embarrassing getting 3 separate quotes...Apparently not only was there a big 12 inch scratch on the passenger sliding door, but the front door had a big black scratch as well. And while I was there, I thought that I might as well get a quote for the front bumper that I had previously {about 1 year ago} scratched from a little snafu with the Target cart return when I was BACKING OUT {Oh, reverse!!!! How I hate you!!!!}. Luckily, they were just able to buff out the black mark on the front door. I decided I could live with the scratch on the front bumper, so we ended up just getting the sliding door fixed.

Oh, and here's an example of why my favorite Auto Body Shop is so great-- They made me feel for the briefest of seconds like hitting the Sonic menu board could happen to ANYBODY. For one brief second I thought to myself, "Yeah, your right. This type of thing happens all the time. I just had such unfortunate luck." Then reality kicked back in and I remembered, "Nope. Doesn't happen to anybody. Just incompetent drivers like me."

Okay, okay...enough about my driving adventures. Just wanted to say that my mini-van is in tip-top shape, just in time for me to resume my soccer mom duties, as soccer starts next week. Oh, and I'm back on the roads, people! You all better watch yourselves!!!

10 comments:

PRP said...

I find some solace in the fact that we are rarely on the roads together because we are so great at carpooling, but then again, that means that my children are usually in the car with you...I'll have to think about this.

And totally, the Sonic incident could happen to anyone...!

tharker said...

I love this post so much because I love that you can poke fun at yourself. You're not that bad of a driver...after all, you got us safely to dinner and back on Saturday night ;) (totally teasing you here)

You're right about Ryan's shop. They do a great job. Spencer's had work done there before, they do great work. We're loyal customers of Mathew's Auto Body!!

Sarah said...

In your defense, those Sonic drive in spaces are wayyyyyy to narrow. It is like an olympic event trying to pull in and back out of there without hitting something. I'm surprised I've never scraped my car on anything. They should reimburse you. HA.

Amy J. said...

YOu are too funny. I too love that you can laugh at yourself. I love the "Driving Miss Linday" comment. And don't feel bad...my suburban is headed to the shop next week and it doesn't look as bad as JOhn's truck that I hit at the same time. :)

Kim said...

Glad the van is in tip-top shape again! What's next??

Julie said...

I will make sure never to park behind you! jk Im glad you got it fixed and good for you for having the courage to talk about it. I am not good at reverse either. ALso if it helps, my car has been backed into 2 times so you are not the only one!

Lovely Lindsay said...

can i just secretly say here that i'm sort of jealous that you have a mini van and sort of wish i had one for myself. shhh.
love, lindsay

Kris said...

I saw you on Burden last night. I was getting worried........ :)

Seriously though, I hate going through drive-thru's for that very reason. You never know how big the space is, and your van is over sized, and then you have to turn at the exact moment. It's a pain.

Amy said...

LOL... you are hilarious!

I hate driving too! Especially backing up. I only drive because I have to. I'd much rather have someone else drive.

dandee said...

Love your sense of humor and your business. :)