28 August, 2009

A Camping We Will Go...

Our family went on our Ward Campout last weekend and it was fun!!!

I know what you are all thinking---When does our family EVER go camping? Well, peeps, there's a first time for everything!

We left Friday evening, ate Cafe Rio Salads {mmmm, yum-o!}, sat around the campfire and sang songs. Okay, if you know our family at all, this is completely out of our element. We're not real "peppy" people, so while songs, skits, and stuff are totally great things, they just aren't really "us." You know what I mean?

Here's my two favorite parts of the campfire:

1. Each family was supposed to introduce themselves and say something quirky about their family. Carson stood up and decided to introduce our family. When it was time to say something quirky about us, he paused, Jared jokingly said, "Remember, you get an allowance..." and then he said, "We're always late!" Nice, Carson. Real nice.

2. During the "Do you know the muffin man" skit {where one person says it to another, they sing it back and then both say it to new people. It goes on until everyone is standing.} Apparently, we don't look too approachable because no one wants to sing it to us. Jared then takes it upon himself to do like ghetto-fabulous version of it, with booty-shaking and some pop & locking. Hi-larious.

After the campfire and smores, we put the kiddos to bed, hung out with other adults, and I bonded with some friends and let's just say I brought some of our friendships to a "whole new level." I won't elaborate, but me + germs + porta-potty = not a great combination.

The next day, the kids played outside on the swing, the handcarts and just had a good time. Jared and I hung out with them and also got to know some of the people in our ward better. It was great and I think we will do it again next year!





9 comments:

Kris said...

Jared's version of the Muffin Man was Hands Down the funniest thing. We were all laughing so hard. I thought your introduction was great. Glad you guys had a fun time.

tharker said...

Dang it, now I wish you had a video of ghetto "Muffin Man". I'll just have to picture it in my head, and that's not nearly as good. Maybe Jared can perform it for us next time we're all together!

Sarah said...

Wow, I'm sorry we missed the campout if only that we weren't there to see Jared's version of the Muffin Man. Love the picture of you pulling the kids in the hand cart! (And I hate porta pottie's too, they are NASTY!)

PRP said...

1) I always hate to miss out on Jared's singing....

2) I love it when kids say something to embarrass the parents, as long as it's not my kids

3) I love it when you "go there" without really meaning to

4) Bates camping? How did I miss this?

We will definitely be there next year!

Amy J. said...

Where was the ward campout? I don't recognize the spot but it does look close.

I am impressed that you took your family even though you don't care for camping...it sounds like you had a great time!

Julie said...

Ha Love it! I am glad I was there to witness it all, though I missed the muffin man dance! Dang! Did you forget to mention that your tent was flying away or was that someone else?
We had a great time too! We will have to have a repeat next year but maybe we can bring some oh crap handle with us!

Kim said...

Lindsay pulling a handcart...that's special!!

AOlson said...

Can we come next year too? Sounds like so much fun!! You look like you would have made a great pioneer woman Linds;)

Amy said...

Fun! Now I'm excited for OUR ward campout!