When she was little { ok, now too } Lindsay loved ice cream. In fact, her mom would shovel orange sherbet in her mouth every time she woke up grouchy from a nap. And if you know how snatchy Boo can get after sleeping then let's just say I wish I owned several hundred shares of stock in Dreyer's, Inc. because you know they went through a ton of ice cream.
By the time I met her she was a self-professed ice cream connaisseur, and every ice cream shop we went to she had several favorites and of course could never decide on which one she wanted. So then she always makes the teenage chick behind the counter give her little samples of each one – as if there's no one behind us waiting.
Boo { on her fifth sample }: "Ooo, this one's good, but it's a little rich. Try it."
Me: "Yeah, I'm halfway done with my cone, but thanks."
She was such an ice cream snob that one time she was like "Hey, let's go to 31!" At first I thought she might be referring to a new dance club or hip night spot I didn't know about, but then I remembered we were in Moses Lake at the time.
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Boo: "You know, 31 Flavors."
Me: "You mean Baskin Robbins?"
Boo: "No, 31...that's what EVERYONE calls it."
Me: { crickets }
These must be the same people that call McDonald's the "Golden Arches," or Burger King the "BK Lounge," or instead of saying "I'm going to Taco Bell" they say "I'm going to make a run for the border."
As a big ups to Boo the kids made a book for her 31st birthday. So, I present to you The 31 Flavors of Hizzy*
* Hizzy is what Kaiya used to call Lindsay during that year she refused to address her as "mommy". All text written by Carson.
1. BOSSY BERRY
"Mom is bossy because she was born bossy. Also she wants everything her way."
2. BRITTLE BOO
"Mom is brittle and her nickname is Boo."
3. HIZZY BUTTER
"Mom's other nickname is Hizzy."
4. CAKE OF LOVE
"She is loving."
5. THIN MINT
"Because she is really skinny."
6. SLEEPY SWIRL
"She is very sleepy because she stays up too late."
7. BERRIES AND DREAMS
"Because she has bad dreams."
8. PLAYFUL PECAN
"Because she plays with me."
9. SMARTY SORBET
"Because she thinks she is smart."
10. CHIRPY CHIPS
"Because she talks on the phone a lot."
11. TWO SCOOPS OF INDECISIVE
"Because she is helpful."
12. STUBBORN RIPPLE
"Because she's stubborn."
13. PUSHY FLAKES
"Because she pushes the limits with dad."
14. CRAFTY CARAMEL
"Because she does a lot of crafts."
15. SPORTS NUT
"She doesn't know anything about sports."
16. BUSY BLISS
"She's always busy."
17. CREAM OF LAZY
"Because she is super lazy."
18. FASHION CAKE
"Because she cares about people's clothes."
19. "HONEY"-STEE
"Because dad calls her honey."
20. PROCRASTI-MAZING
"Because she's a great mom."
21. CHUNKS OF FRIENDLY
"She's real nice."
22. GREEDY GOBS
"Because she is our mom."
23. CHOCO CRASH
"She crashes cars a lot."
24. RED FRAILLE
"Her favorite color is red."
25. WITCH'S HAIR DELIGHT
"Because her hair is long like carnie hair."
26. SWEET SPRINKLES
"Because she's so sweet."
27. DE-LUSCIOUS
"She makes good meals."
28. FAITHFUL FUDGE
"She is very faithful."
29. WHIPPED KISSES
"She gives a lot of kisses."
30. GIRLY SWIRL
"Because she is girly."
31. SOCCER MOM MARSHMALLOW
"Because she's afraid of the ball."
Happy Birthday Boo.
We're glad we get to "sample" everything you have to offer.
12 comments:
Jared, this may be your finest work yet....
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
Happy Birthday!
25 had me laughing out loud. Loved it!
So awesome jared, and good work carson...I think you summed up myhre perfectly.
Happy birthday myhre...love ya!
P.S. So it's not called the BK Lounge?
Lindsay has carnie hair?! Those were so great. Nicely done!
Happy Birthday, Linds.
That was hilarious. I love how busy and lazy are listed right next to each other.
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
I agree with Karen, this might be your best work, Jared. Loved it!
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
Dang.....That was cute, you've probably heard it before, but you should take up writing.
Happy B. day lindsay.
sun
This was awesome. Sounds like the Lindsay I know. Happy Birthday!
I loved it, Happy Birthday Lindsay!
All the things about Lindsay in 31 flavors! Perfection! Loved this post.
I like the "beacuse her hair is long like carnie hair" the best.
Happy belated birthday to you, dear Lindsay!
Post a Comment