A few weeks ago, I decided to make this bag:
with this girl:and taught to us by this girl:

I have to say that I was a bit nervous to make the bag because I felt like it was a pretty big project for someone as inexperienced at sewing as me. Remember that episode of the Cosby Show when Denise offers to make Theo an exact replica of that fancy Gordon Gartrail shirt he was dying to have?
I honestly thought I was going to have my own "Gordon Gartrail" moment and have some sort of jacked-up bag that was all lopsided and crazy stitching everywhere. To my pleasant surprise, the bag turned out great, though I'm sure it was due to Amy's expertise and patience, more that any talent or skill on my part.Here's my new fab bag:
Here's a pic of Amy and me modeling said bag:
23 comments:
Hey...you don't have to explain to me! Brag away!!! I can maybe sew a straight line but that is it. I am super impressed and your bag is amazing.
Love it!! I am so inspired. Now, I've just got to get Diana to help me figure it out. Good job...love the fabric. :)
LOVE IT! I wish I had those kind of sewing skills! I can't even sew on a button :)
so cute! It turned out lovely.
Yeah, it is super cute. And I looked at those stitches, and they are for sure straight. Great Job Lindsay. You've inspired me. Also, did Carson take that picture of you and Amy??? Love it!
It is absolutely fantastic. You are really getting some mad sewing skills girl.
It looks soooo good! I'm so proud! You only told FIVE people? Come on, brag away. Wow that picture that Carson took is awesome. Totally bad hair day for me yesterday. Oh well! at least the bag looks great!
It looks amazing, and after seeing your finished bag, I'm totally inspired to finish mine now! Hopefully, my bag brag post won't be too far behind your's :)
Thank goodness for Amy and her mad (and super patient) skills!!!
way to go! I have that pattern, now I'd better get it out!
I want that bag! Does it come with a pattern? I want I want! It looks awesome, good job!
Your comparison to that Cosby show episode had me laughing. I totally remember that. The bag turned out really cute, it looks perfect for fitting all of your summer supplies in to take to the pool or around town. Great job!
It is SUPER cute!! And if I had doen that I would be stopping everyone I know to tell them!! Good job! Now you can teach me how to sew one!!
I have been dying to make that bag! So cute. I love it.
I love it, the colors work so well together, great job!
Where do you find your cute fabric?
Turned out great.
Love the bag, brag away! I don't have the greatest sewing skills but maybe I could make on of these. Cute fabric too.
Such a cute bag! Great job! I love the Cosby reference too!
what a cute bag! good for you.
I love it! I want one-NOW!
So cute- love it! I'm very impressed... and very jealous.
I would brag too! It is super cute!!!
I love the fabric! Great choice, where did you buy it at?
...seriously insufferable... but totally cute (you and the bag).
Post a Comment