15 July, 2009

HP6

Last night every teenager in town and I went to the midnight showing of this movie:


I haven't gone to a midnight showing in YEARS. The night started off great. I went to this girl's house for Harry Potter-esque treats. We had crystallized pineapple {aka pineapple-upside-down cake}, pumpkin pasties {aka pumpkin choc. chip cake}, and butter beer {recipe taken off internet}.

I made the butter beer and let's say it wasn't quite the success I'd hoped. You know it's not good when people remark, "Oh yeah, this drink tastes like maple syrup. I wish I had some pancakes to drizzle this on."

We got to the theater at around 11 PM and it was CRAZINESS people! All the theaters were full, though we managed to find seats together in a good spot, which was a miracle.

The movie was good. This movie veered from the book much more than the other ones, but I was entertained nonetheless.

I think I'm starting to show my age though. Here's a few signs that this girl is getting old:

1. At the theater I was wishing I had some sort of summer sweatsuit that I could have worn instead of the t-shirt and shorts I was wearing. What am I? A 60 year old grandma?

2. Feeling like my bra had expired at about 9 PM {you know what I mean, ladies.} and seriously having a fleeting thought that maybe I could hurry, take it off, stuff it in my purse and no one would notice. Classy dame---I know.

3. Feeling like I have some sort of hangover this morning. I am soooooo sooooo tired. And of course, my kids woke up totally early this morning too.

But, all that being said, would I do it again?

Of course!

14 comments:

tharker said...

I'm with you on every one of these points. We are too old for this, but it was so much fun!

AOlson said...

It was SOOO fun! Yes I am tired this morning but it was so worth it! I don;t think we are too old for this, just maybe out of practice;)

Kris said...

I was thinking of you guys all night last night! I am way too old for a midnight showing too! I was passed out by 11:30 last night! Glad you guys had fun. Yeah, and I don't want any of that maple syrup drink! :)

dirty>south said...

Next time we're at the movies I'm going to suggest that your bra expire - even if you are an old lady. Cougars need love too.

Kim said...

Oh, Jared!

Aaron and I are going to see it tonight for our anniversary...pretty exciting, huh?? I'm just disappointed that you didn't wear a costume or something. Isn't that what you're supposed to do when you see the midnight showing?! I totally understand what you mean about feeling old. It's hitting hard lately.

Brooklet said...

so jealous. that is all i have to say.

Megan said...

i am always freezing at the movies!
and seriously cannot do late nights anymore--watching 20/20 kills me the next day!

btw, nice comment jared...so like a man!

Piper said...

wooo hooo! you are brave!!! Too bad you didn't have the sweatshirt, because you could have ditched the bra and no one would have known!

Sarah said...

We're just getting ready to go watch it. I'm always excited for new movies like this, but hate the lines and loud people. Hopefully there's no clapping and cheering like at Twilight.

Debie Spurgeon said...

You went, good for you. I knew, without a doubt, that I couldn't have stayed awake.
My older kids went and loved it. I can't wait to see it, during the day of course.

Amy said...

Glad you guys had fun! It was much less crowded at the noon showing.

And if by "veer" you mean careening out of control over a cliff, I completely agree. There were some scenes done well, and the acting was great, but really? What's up with the whole field scene and the Weasley's house getting burned down??

stylist to the stars said...

It was fun. So good to see you guys there.

cate create said...

I love the way you write...so clever and funny. Never heard of butter beer. You must be younger at heart than you think, to do a midnight movie! Impressive!

Jason Earl said...

Jared is never going to be able to pay attention to a movie ever again.