A normal "blanket party" 'round these parts consists of: the kids screaming, "Woo hoo! Blanket Party! Boo-yeah!", the kids taking out EVERY blanket they can find in the house and laying them all over the family room floor, making an insane amount of popcorn, consuming said insane amount of popcorn, and playing games or watching movies until we all pass out from exhaustion.
12 July, 2009
Blanket Party
About once a week, our family has a little tradition of having a "blanket party!" This is our family's ghetto version of camping---instead of camping in a tent somewhere or even in the backyard, we have a family slumber party in our family room. {Remember peeps--Jared and Lindsay aren't outdoorsy!}
A normal "blanket party" 'round these parts consists of: the kids screaming, "Woo hoo! Blanket Party! Boo-yeah!", the kids taking out EVERY blanket they can find in the house and laying them all over the family room floor, making an insane amount of popcorn, consuming said insane amount of popcorn, and playing games or watching movies until we all pass out from exhaustion.

Wow, that's sure a hot picture of me...look at my nice double chin!
A normal "blanket party" 'round these parts consists of: the kids screaming, "Woo hoo! Blanket Party! Boo-yeah!", the kids taking out EVERY blanket they can find in the house and laying them all over the family room floor, making an insane amount of popcorn, consuming said insane amount of popcorn, and playing games or watching movies until we all pass out from exhaustion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
How fun!! What a good idea!
haha, that is one of our favorite things to do,too. Never thought of it as a substitute for camping, but I think you are right!
Yay for summer movie nights :)
That looks like fun! Jake wants to know what you guys were watching. I feel a new Olson FHE coming on, thanks for the idea!!
Sounds like fun. Our kids like to do that when they are watching movies, I think the blankets help keep the floor clean from all the snacks and popcorn!
We love movie nights at our house too. So, Chloe doesn't get to be a part of the action huh? Nice, guys... Just kidding ;)
My favorite is the one with Jared striking the pose that is somewhere between gansta and The Godfather....what were you guys watching anyway? ;)
How fun! I'll have to remember this one, I'm not outdoorsy either.
What a great idea, so fun! I'll have to remember this one.
That sounds like so much fun! Once a week- that's impressive. I'll have to try that when my kids get a little older. And thanks for the recipes again. I'm excited to try them.
What a great tradition... I love your comment about not being outdoorsy :) Your kids will remember this forever! Oh...and what double chin are you talking about!?
Post a Comment