Here's one of my most annoying character traits:
While I am the queen of good intentions, it either takes me forever to follow through on things or I just don't follow through at all.
This character trait follows me in every aspect of my life. Let me give you a few examples {and these things drive Jared crazy to no end...}:
::I am the queen of writing thank you notes and even addressing them, and then they just sit there on the counter for months. {Crazy, I know...especially since writing and addressing them is the hardest part.}
::I constantly have gifts for people, whether they are baby gifts, birthday gifts, etc. and then they just sit there for months because I'm too lazy or busy to deliver them. {Again, isn't the hardest part getting the stuff?}
::I finally picked up one of my paychecks for subbing back in May. {May, people! That was 2 months ago. You'd think the money would have been an incentive for me to pick it up, especially since the office is right by my kids' swim lessons.}
::I always have all these nice thoughts in my head too. You know, like I should call this person, or make this person a meal, or check up on them, and so on and so forth. I don't act on these thoughts nearly as much as I should.
:: I can't make it through a movie at home to save my life. I talk a good talk and then fall asleep about 25 minutes into the movie.
::And don't even get me started on errands...I've got a list of honey-do's that have just never gotten done. Whether it's putting off an oil-change for weeks, or forgetting that one item Jared has asked me to get time after time, I just don't follow through.
I want to be better at following through because really...who wants to be the person people feel like they can't count on. I thought maybe if I put it out there in the universe, it'll make me more accountable.
So that's what I'd like to improve upon...what do all of you want to improve?
9 comments:
Oh, the story of my life!!! I have so many thank you cards I've never delivered. A year after my baby is born, should I still deliver those notes?!? What's wrong with me!
Mailing things is another one of my things... oh, yeah, I'll send you a picture, mom... by the time I get around to it, my kids are 2 years older... all because I didn't have a stamp, or never remember to take it to my mailbox that is a block away.
My list is too long to list... good luck with yours!
As I sit here reading your blog there are two thank-you cards that have been on my desk for a month waiting to be mailed out. I am wondering if we were seperated at birth. I have the same issues. I can never stay awake for a movie at my house. Ever. Oh and my list of good intentions never done is so long. I need to work on that too.
I felt like I was reading my own journal entry!!!! I still have Thank you cards in a box from one of Jacob's birthdays parties I think when he was like 4 or 5 with a picture and YOUR address on it!!! And the thing about calling people or doing stuff for them or checking up on them - GUILTY!!!!
You aren't alone in this. It feels so good when it finally gets done though.
You are too funny. I think you did great yesterday. We loved the bread. My kids kept saying it was cucumber banana bread. They LOVED it! Thank you again, I needed that.
Could have written every word myself.
I love you!
As Jared would say, "you have lots of other talents."
You can't be stellar in every way, right? And you've got all the important stuff down pat. This too shall come.
And have you ever known me to return a phone call in a timely matter? I don't think so.
I feel your pain, I suffer from the never ending list of to-do's and never get them done.
I too can relate to this. In fact, I still have a new baby card for Danyelle...and the baby is now 4 months old!
Post a Comment