Here's a picture of Carson and his second grade teacher, Ms. R. It was Ms. R's first year of teaching, so hopefully his class made for a good first teaching experience. Ms. R was a very nice teacher and he was able to grow in numerous ways.
What is your favorite subject in school?
Reading
How come?
Because I read really good.
What were some of your favorite things you learned in second grade?
about caterpillars, water cycle, number line, indenting
Who were your best friends at school?
Jacob, Shawn, Christian, Marco because they are nice and like to play four square with me.
What was your least favorite thing to do at school?
That's hard because I have two least favorite things--Counselor and music. I don't like counselor because I have to do stuff I already learned and she's boring. Also, I don't like the I-care cat that she brings and the songs are boring. Music because we have to do a Sleeping Beauty play and I don't like to sing.
What did you like about your teacher?
She was nice. She taught me a lot of things.
What did you like to do at recess?
I liked to play four square.
What's something that made you sad in Second Grade?
When I got sent to the principal's office. Christian put me in a headlock and I pushed him.
What's something that made you happy in Second Grade?
I don't know.
Tell me about each thing:
Reading--fun. My favorite series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians and I brought it every day.
Writing--I like to write detailed stories. My favorite story I wrote was Super Mario Bro. Series 1.
Math--I like when we take Math Tests because I like getting 4's.
Science--I liked when we got to take care of the caterpillars.
Technology---I liked going to Fun Brain to do Math Arcade.
Library---I like checking out Giant Meatball. Kaiya really liked it.
Music --No favorite. Boring!!!
PE--- I liked when I got first place at running a mile.
What do you want to do when you graduate High School? I want to be an engineer.
As I was filing away some of his second grade papers to save, I ran across a few of his writing samples. I thought I'd put a few on the blog, so someday he could look back and see what kinds of things he did in second grade....
1/16/09
I have a dream today that people all around America will give to poor people all around the world and they will get what they need. So there will be food, clothes, money, and water to live. So they won't be hungery and loved ones won't be gone. Also people won't be sad. So people won't have to fight hunger like Martin Luther King Jr. had to fight with his words. That black people will be with white people. The end!
2/09
Carson's my name, soccer's my game
Awesome breakdancer
Reader
Spelling expert
Outdoor person
Nice
4/17/09
If I could choose to travel to the top of a mountain or the bottom of the ocean I would choose to go to the bottom of the ocean. I would choose this for many reasons. One of the reasons is I could get stung by a electric eel, because I would want to be in the Guiness World Records book for most times stung by a electric eel. One of my other reasons are go scuba diving because I could see a sea turtle in the pack it's in. My next reason is go near a stonefish because I could get water and kill the stonefish by punching it in different places. My last reason is search for pirate treasure because I could buy everything I wanted and be filthy rich. This is why I would love to go to the ocean.
5/18/09
The Journey
In the year 2009 there lived three boys named Carson, Jacob, and Damian. Their also lived two villains named Nathan and Cameron. The boys Carson, Jacob and Damian wanted to go on a journey to the center of the Earth. But those two villains wanted to destroy their bodies. So they got a map and saw this cave that went to the center of the Earth. "We should go in that cave Carson," said Damian. "But what if Cameron steals the map from us?" said Jacob. "We will slap him on the face," said Carson. So they slept all night. Then the next morning they went to find the cave. When they got to the exact cave it was gone. "Where is the cave?" said Damian. "I don't know, but I have one idea and it is digging!" said Jacob. Also they decided they should dig to Egypt instead of the center of the Earth. So they got their shovels and dug a big hole to Egypt. It took 1,000 hours to dig to the pyramids in Egypt. As soon as they got their they saw Nathan. "Ha Ha Ha Ha" laughed Nathan (Cameron's sidekick). He pressed two buttons which were trap buttons. One of them made a big rock crash into Jacob and Carson, which sent them to the bottom floor of the pyramids; and the other one sent a cage on Damian. Damian screamed like a girl. "Where are we Jacob?" called Carson. "I think we are in the basement!" called Jacob angrily. "Ewww that's just gross" snickered a voice. "Oh no it's Cameron," said Jacob. "How did you know weirdo?" said Cameron. "Lets get him Carson!" said Jacob. So they ran and they stepped on a button that made quicksand go on Cameron. He was so mad. Lets fight Jacob and Carson to get destroyed," laughed Cameron. So he pushed Cameron in the chair. "Err" screamed Cameron. So he slapped quicksand on Jacob, which burned Jacob's face and he was knocked out. "Ahahaha" said Cameron. But Carson punched him hard on the button and quicksand got on to him and his pyramid blew up. So Cameron got out fast with Damian in the cage, but Nathan died. So Cameron ran seventeen miles away.
TO BE CONTINUED.......
14 comments:
I LOVE this kid!!!!
I can't wait to read more of "The Journey" Hopefully, he'll become "filthy rich" off of it!
one of his favorite things was "indenting." that rules.
"The Journey" sounds intense!! Hope Jacob's character is okay! So funny that they used each other in their stories. I have a few from Jacob where Carson is a character in. Gotta love these guys!! On to third grade!!
Yes, Carson you are an awesome breakdancer!
Loved the writing samples. Where does he come up with these things?!
I love your interviews with your kids. What a great idea. Carson is very smart. Great writing skills!
Wow I didn't know those things were in his head! Way cute and he will love looking back on those someday!
Carson is genius. And yes, Lindsay, if you haven't figured it out by now - we do have a crush on you!
carson reminds me so much of jared it kind of freaks me out sometimes. i can hear jared at carson's age, and it sounds eerily familiar.
carson is such an awesome kid, he never fails to impress me with the things that come out of his head.
What a smart little guy, he will love that you posted these when he is in High School :)
Funny!!
Tyler loved reading this post! He enjoyed reading it this morning. Glad he had a successful 2nd grade. 3rd grade will be fun for Tyler and Carson. Loved the stories.
LLLLLOOOOLLLLLL.... I am dying here! That story is AWESOME! Can't wait for the next installment.
Come on Carson, music is boring? You know your life goal is to be Prince Phillip in Sleeping Beauty. This is your chance of a lifetime!
so so cute! What a great boy!
Oh my goodness....I LOVE that he loves 'indenting!' classic!
Post a Comment