18 June, 2009

18 Months

Well, I've been a bit of a slacker lately. There aren't any posts for 16 months and 17 months. Oh well.

Chloe is now officially 18 months. It's kind of a landmark age because she enters Nursery at church. Woo hoo! We put her in for the first time on Sunday and I couldn't believe it. SHE WALKED RIGHT IN AND DIDN'T EVEN LOOK BACK. She's the first kid of ours to do that. The other kids cried and cried.

Here's a synopsis of the Chlo-Bo during the past few months:

Most of the time she's like this:


The girl literally just toddles around all day. She loves to walk around and explore and see what people are doing. That is what she does--all. day. long. Well, that and eat. Every hour you can find her running to her chair, shaking it, and saying, "Uh-uh-uh!" Oh, and if you're eating something, you can forget eating it on your own. The girl is shameless. You must share whatever it is you are eating.

See what I mean? The girl is in her chair so much, she even passes out in it!


If she's not eating or walking around, you can find her being a goof like this:

or like this:



Sometimes you can find her like this:


Like yesterday, for instance. Right now her eye teeth are all coming in. Not only is she a drooling machine and has snot all running down her, she also got shots the day before and is absolutely miserable.

Oh yeah, here are her stats from her 18 month appointment:

30 1/4 in. tall (13th percentile)
46 cm head circumference (34th percentile)
20 lbs 5 oz. (4th percentile)

So she's getting bigger! She moved up from the 2nd percentile in weight. Reaching 20 lbs is another milestone because she can FINALLY sit forward facing in the car. I don't know if I'll even switch it though because she's really content in the car as she is. She can totally see Kaiya next to her and she loves to see Carson in the back seat. We'll see.

I'm trying to not get too stressed out, but she's not really talking very much still. She just has like 10 words in her whole vocabulary. I think it's probably because the kids do all her talking for her. She's also not good at following the whole one step instructions either. Who knows, she probably just inherited the other kids' whole selective hearing thing---the "I only pay attention when I want to and it's something good" thing.

Anyways, here are her current words:
hi
mama
dada
caca (cracker)
ba (ball)
caca (Kaiya)
cacee (Carson)
sof (soft--she likes to maul people's faces, so we are attempting to teach her a soft touch!)
bo (boo)
uh (up)
bye bye
ck-ck (yuck)
dye-dye (night night)
eye (for eyes and every other body part)

She's also my first one that doesn't love to read. I hope that changes because that's my favorite thing to do with my kids. Yeah, as soon as I grab a book she fights to get out of my lap and go somewhere else.

With the nicer weather, she LOVES to go outside and play. She can frequently be found toddling outside, scribbling with chalk, riding in the play car or bike, or playing in sprinklers.

Here's some pictures of the summer girl:


Happy 18 Months, Chloe!!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I helped in Nursery on Sunday for a little while and I honestly couldn't believe that Chloe was already 18 months. That is just crazy to me. She did very well for her first day. I love when she smiles and you can see her little teeth. That is a fun age.

Kris said...

I can't believe that she's 18 months old either. So crazy. Seriously, these pictures are awesome. I love them all. She's such a cutie.

Jan said...

She is already call Kaiya a cracker? She is so cute.

tharker said...

I love everything about Miss Chloe. I love that she LOVES to eat (my kind of girl!). I love her incoherant Chloe language, and that she looks at you like you're totally crazy because you can't understand her ;) I love that she finally likes me now!!!! I may become a "Huffy" again after all. I thought my Huffy days ended when Kaiya learned how to say my name correctly.

I just love little Chlo-Bo. She is the sweetest thing.

AOlson said...

SO Chloe is ADORABLE!! Don;t worry about the lack of vocab. Kelsie did everything later than the older two did becasue they did everything for her. She talked later and walked later and is even potty training WAY later. But let me tell you when the vocab sets in, she will talk non-stop, at least that is was Kelsie did.

Heather said...

Such a cute girl. I can't believe how fast the time flies.

Ben and Alissa said...

Very cute! I love all the updates and stats! I didn't realize she was still at the low end of the percentiles. I guess just from all the pictures with her chubby face I figured she'd chunked out! I can't wait until Katie can start saying more words. Currently everything she tries to say sounds like the same thing.

Amy said...

She's so stinking cute!
I wouldn't worry too much about the talking thing. I say that because both Liah and Sean hardly said a word until they were 2 1/2. After that, they just took off. So seriously at 18 months, I wouldn't be worried.
Happy 18 months!

Julie said...

Hooary for nursery! I can't believe that she is already 18 mos. I knew whe was small but not as small as Lexi. Lexi is a little below the 3rd percentile for weight! Petite girls we have!