01 May, 2009

Getting Ready is Overrated?

So Jared managed to come down with the flu yesterday. How that happened, I have no idea. He pretty much stayed away from everyone. Equally surprising is the fact I haven't gotten the flu yet. With Chloe breathing on me 24/7 and having me hold and soothe her, you'd think I'd be sicker than a dog by now.

I've managed to be in sweats all week and lookin' real purrrttty. You know it's a bad sign when your car pool buddy sees you yesterday morning and is like, "Well, if you want to get in the shower sometime today that would be great since you are still wearing your same puke-stained sweats from the day before." It's another bad sign when today she's like, "Well, at least it's a different colored sweatsuit your wearing."

Even Kaiya today was like, "Oh Mommy, I want to give you a makeover today." Whereas I previously looked like a common street beggar, now I look like, um, well...I look like I'm working the street corner in a whole different way, if you know what I mean. Apparently purple eyeshadow and hot pink lipstick from Kaiya's "Beauty Shop" is not a good look for me.

Here's hoping I make it to the shower during nap time....

9 comments:

stylist to the stars said...

I hope you make it to the shower too. I haven't seen you in forever. Maybe lunch?

PRP said...

Now Jared? When will the madness end???

And I say this with all the love you know I have for you....

"GET IN THE SHOWER AND PUT ON SOME MAKEUP. AND A LITTLE HAIRSPRAY NEVER HURT ANYONE."

Just sayin.

Angie said...

oooh Jared sick....that is not going to be fun for you at all...

Kate said...

Good luck getting in the shower...I hate those days! And I really hope you don't get sick!!

lysh said...

I am so sorry you guys are so sick! It probably doesn't help with all the talk of Swine Flu...are people treating you like you have the plague? People were actually wearing masks on one of my flights yesterday.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Who has time. Even a quick get ready is impossible when your kiddos need you. Hope EVERYONE is feeling better soon. Of course you can't get it, you've got to take care of everyone else.

Kim said...

I hardly ever get ready for the day...even when we're all healthy!

tharker said...

Here's to hoping you got a shower and that Jared is feeling better soon.

Karen's comment on this post is crackin' me up ;)

Amy said...

LLLOOOOLLLLL... I am dying here. You are too funny. Here's hoping you don't get sick!