We've all been sicker than dogs around here with the flu. Kaiya's on the mend, though she has to miss school today. It's unfortunate since they are going to have a teddy bear picnic and the Tumblebus is coming to school. In the life of a 4 year old, this is big stuff, so she is thinking life pretty much sucks right now.
Chloe, on the other hand, is one sick sick girl. She just can't keep anything down. Combined with the fact that she won't drink anything, she is just sickly. We were all so worried about her yesterday night.
The saddest thing happened though. Because Chloe hasn't been drinking anything, I was really worried about her and mentioned how if she continued not to drink anything, we'd have to take her to the hospital to get an IV. Carson immediately started sobbing and said how he didn't want Chloe to die. He was completely freaking out and had that cry where you can't catch your breath. Apparently with the events that transpired last June, he now associates hospitals with death. In his mind, if people go to the hospital for something other than having a baby, it's very bad news indeed. It just made me so sad. We explained to him that if she went to the hospital it was basically just to help her eat and nothing more. He responded with, "You never know. Anything can happen. You can be fine and then you can die."
It was interesting because for the most part I've thought that kids are resilient and young so of course, my kids have moved on and are okay with things {not to say that they don't miss their grandma}. It just shows that her death has really affected them, even if it doesn't present itself that often. Even Kaiya, every once in awhile, if someone talks about their grandma or she knows someone is with their grandma, she says, "I miss my grandma so much. I wish I could see her."
Anyways, hopefully Chloe will turn the corner today and start feeling so much better. Send us some healthy vibes our way!
15 comments:
Oh Lindsay. That is the sweetest, saddest story. Carson is such a great kid. I hope you all start feeling better very soon:)
crying.
Exactly what I was going to say Angie. Crying.
Oh and also dealing with a sick one year old around here. I feel your pain and hope everyone is healthy soon!
I will send lots of healthy vibes your way!! Hope you all get to feeling better soon.
Give Carson an extra big hug from me!
Healthy VIBES sent to your door! I think with time and seeing others in hospitals Carson will be able to see it's where sick people get better. He's such a sweet kid.
Yikes, that is so sad. I hope she gets better quickly.
Carson's reaction to Chloe's sickness is so sweet and so sad at the same time. If Carson was a hugger at all, I would totally hug him right now! ;)
I hope your sweet girls are better very soon.
Sending out the vibe for sure! I hope everyone gets better soon! That Carson just broke my heart! What a sweet boy you have
Oh shoot. I'm so sorry. Poor Carson. It's kind of good though, when they get their feelings out, so mom's & dad's can help explain things. Hope Chloe feels better soon.
I hope you all are better soon. What a sensitive boy you have.
I'm so sorry you guys have the bug. Camryn was sad Kaiya had to miss school today. I hope you all start feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything!
aww, Carson is such a sweet boy, it makes me sad that he is still hurting.
I hope Chloe and Kaiya feel better soon and that the rest of your family is healthy very soon!!
From one house of yuck to another, I'm so sorry. Especially since my crew probably gave your crew this crud. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Bummer about your family having some yucky flu. I hope Chloe is doing better, she is such a sweet little thing.
Oh that is so sad!!! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon. Is Chloe doing better yet?
Post a Comment