25 February, 2009

Opinions Needed

Carson's next stop on his 50 States Tour is Texas. Carson and Jared are going to San Antonio, Texas in April and we need your help! We are currently planning this trip and we need input on the best activities and attractions in Texas. Obviously, they will be seeing things in San Antonio, but may be willing to go to Austin or Houston if there is something that is a "must see."

Now I know some of you are from Texas or have at least been there before, so give us your input! Tell us what is a "for sure" activity and if you felt certain places were "overrated," then let us know too!

Thanks for your help!

10 comments:

Amy J. said...

I am no good for advice, but Kristin from Polka Dot Perceptions has family there and goes every year.

Erin said...

linds, our best friends currently live in SA and absolutely love it...they have 3 small children...i will get some places to go see and email you them.

tharker said...

I don't know of anywhere cool to go in Texas. I know there's a Six Flags near Houston....we went when I was 16. Also, I could be wrong, but I think Galveston is about an hour from Houston. There were some cool Navy ships that we toured. And of course, the ocean. The Gulf is pretty cool...when there's not hurricanes of course!

Kris said...

I've got nothing. Good luck finding what you need and have fun planning.

Aly said...

When I was there once, we drove two hours south to Corpus Christi, which was on the coast. that was really fun and they have a great aquarium there too. Just an idea.

Piper said...

Never been there myself, but I've always wondered if that scene from "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" is true. The one where he sings, "The stars at night are big and bright..." and all the Texans walking by sing, "deep in the heart of Texas!"
Please please tell me that Jared will try it!!

Sarah said...

Isn't The Alamo in San Antonio? That would be awesome to go see. I love historical stuff like that. I've never been to Texas myself but I've heard they have yummy food there. That sounds like a super fun trip.

Samantha said...

I've never been so I won't be of too much help. But I've been talking to people about texas lately and EVERY one I've talked to says Austin is the greatest.

lysh said...

I loved those pictures of Chloe! So so cute! As for Texas I got nothing. I have been there before but not for a real vacation. Their St Patrick's parade in Dallas was fun...I don't think that helps you though.

stylist to the stars said...

I have got nothing but I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. We need to plan someting!