14 January, 2009

Odds and Ends

Here's some of the latest with our family...

Chloe:
My little girl is walking! Oh it's so cute. She also turned 13 months so I'll do my monthly post on her very soon, complete with video of her walking. She kinda walks like a cowboy!

Kaiya:
Her favorite thing lately is to say, "Oh, come on!" or "Hey, dude!" One of the funniest things she's been doing though is her "finger quotes." You know what I mean...when you are talking, sometimes you do finger quotes? Well, Kaiya does finger quotes, but it's like Joey on Friends. She doesn't know how to use them at the right time so she'll randomly do finger quotes in her conversations. It's hilarious!

Carson:
Oh, boy...this kid...where do I start! Well, we've had our first casualty from his crazy bathroom habits. I guess he lost his balance, grabbed onto the toilet roll dispenser and tore that thing out of the wall. Nice...

And why on Earth am I still having to remind him to brush his teeth every day? Come on! He's eight! The other day he was throwing a fit before school because he had stepped in some dog poop or something so his shoe smelled. I said, "Oh, just wear it. The snow will wash it off." {Okay, that was really ghetto of me, but we were late for school and Ewww! I didn't want to have to clean it.} Of course he refused, but then in the car he said, "Oh, yeah. I forgot to brush my teeth today." Ugh!!! So wait. Let me get this straight. You don't want to wear your shoes because you feel like they smell, but yet you don't brush your teeth? Umm, Carson, people won't even smell your shoes because they won't be able to get past your horridly bad breath.

Carson brought home one of his "published" books from school the other day. At school, they will write stories, edit them, and then the teacher will type them up, they get to illustrate them, and then share their books with the parents to read, and take them back to school to share with the other kids. Carson brought home his book the other day and it was titled, "Whoville." Upon reading it, it was the exact summarized story of Horton Hears A Who! Umm, Carson, I do believe someone else already wrote that story and his name is Dr. Seuss!

Jared:
He's just been busy with work and stuff. On tap this week is to get Carson's car ready for the Pinewood Derby. Wish them luck because quite frankly, it's a case of the blind leading the blind.

Lindsay:
I'm finally a free woman! Chloe has officially stopped breastfeeding! Woo hoo! I can't even tell you how fabulous that is. Plus, she's finally sleeping through the night again!

Also the past week or so, I've been completely obsessed with Facebook. I've had an account for awhile, but it wasn't until last week that I started playing around with it. I've found some people that I'd lost contact with and it's been fun to reconnect. Jared's like, "Okay, you are on Facebook again?!" I'm sure the fascination will subside soon though. But, until then, if I'm not blogging in my free time on the computer, I guess you can find me on Facebook....

17 comments:

tharker said...

I really need to witness Kaiya and her cute finger quotes! Funny girl!

Carson's poop on the shoe/no teeth brushing story is so hilarious! (And I've totally told my kids to wear the shoe anyway because the grass will wash the poo off. I'm not ghetto...okay maybe I am...but then at least I'm not the only one right?)

You and Megan are Facebook crazy and I think it's so funny!

AOlson said...

Umm yeah it sounds like Jacob and Carson have a lot more in common than I thought. Why is it so hard to brush your teeth? Jacob did the whole plagurizing thing too except with the Indiana Jones Movie.

PRP said...

I love your family.

Sara said...

Gotta love it, isn't being a mom great.

Two bunheads said...

Lindsay, if it makes you feel any better, at least once a week I look at Jenavieve and say, "Did you brush your teeth this morning?". I get the long thinking "Ummmm...". She is a year older than Carson and a girl! Love reading about your fam!

Jaimi

Kris said...

Tyler hates to brush his teeth too. It's a constant battle here, and I hate it. Kaiya's finger quotes sounds awesome. You need a video. I'll have to connect with you on Facebook!

stylist to the stars said...

I can not stop with the facebook thing. It all consuming!

Ben and Alissa said...

I can't wait to see Chloe walking like a cowboy! Sounds super cute! Ben says Kaiya sounds cute with her "air quotes" :)

Kim said...

Aaron still has days (granted, they are those lazy days we sometimes actually get) when he doesn't brush his teeth until well into the afternoon. Boys are disgusting!

Heather said...

Sorry Jared, I really thought Linds already knew about the Facebook IMing! My bad.

hatch said...

Your kids are sooo cute. I am laughing at Kaiya and her finger quotes! I bet that is hilarious!
It must be a boy thing, because I am always having to remind Dylan to brush his teeth too.....
Facebook, its getting me to these days. I have had an account for a long time, but I am just now enjoying being able to use it.

melanie said...

Kim cracks me up because that's the thought that comes to mind when I think of boys. I remind Nathan about his teeth and he looks at me like I'm crazy and says he did it a couple days ago and does he really need to do it again? Argh!

Second generation finger quotes. Too cute.

I hate that Facebook sucked me in. Like I have more time to waste on the computer. Not!

Andre said...

Sounds like you're doing good over there! Glad to hear it.

Sarah said...

I would love to hear Kaiya say "Hey, Dude" and do some finger quotes to boot. I know she's just dying to let her funny side out. I love your family updates because your family is so funny and your descriptions are hilarious.

Alicia Leppert said...

Love the update. LOVE the finger quotes. I can totally picture Joey saying, "I'm sorry" to Ross with finger quotes. Hilarious.

polka dots said...

i am addicted to facebook too.

LaDeaux family said...

Lindsay, you are hilarious. It's nice to know all moms struggle with the same things. I have to tell Noah about three times in the morning and three times at night to brush his teeth.