11 January, 2009

You Better Check Yourself...

This post is dedicated to a "special" co-worker of Jared's...

For blogging purposes, I'll call him "SEAN....."

We need a new computer in the world's worst way. We've had our computer for over 5 years now, which in computer years is like a 90 year old woman on life support.

What's exactly wrong with the computer, you say? Oh, what isn't wrong with it!
1. We have a ginormous 1980's like monitor, which isn't even Apple brand {so it doesn't match our Apple computer}.
2. The 1980's like monitor is going to give out any day. It can only flicker so many times before it just dies.
3. The tower makes such a loud fan-like noise, you'd think it was running a large ship or something. Seriously, you can't hear anything over it. It's that loud.
4. It needs a new video card, meaning every time I get on the internet, it shuts down. I know, mega-annoying.
5. We can't even update our programs because our computer can't run them.

So why on Earth have we not gotten a new computer?

One word for you: "SEAN!"

According to Jared, "SEAN" is the resident "expert" on insider Apple scoop. He knows all the latest and greatest. So early last year when we were going to buy a new computer, Jared consulted "SEAN" and supposedly they were going to announce new iMacs in the summer, so we decided to wait. After all, Jared said he didn't want to buy a new computer only to have brand new ones come out a few months later. Summer came, summer passed. No new computers. Jared then said, "Oh, Sean said they'll come out in the fall." Fall came, fall passed. No new computers. Sensing a pattern here? Yeah, me too. Then they were supposed to come out in time for Christmas. So we waited again. Nope. Think again. Then "SEAN" said, "Oh, I'm 100 percent sure they will announce new ones at MacWorld Conference." {okay, how many of you even knew there was a MacWorld conference? Yeah, me neither.} They didn't announce new ones! GRRRR!!!!!!!

So here I am stuck with a GHETTO COMPUTER and who knows how long it will be before we get a new one. Jared's like, "You don't want to buy one NOW because they will surely come out with a new one very soon and I want to get the new one."

But just know "SEAN", that everytime I log on said GHETTO COMPUTER and it shuts down, I throw my fist in the air and say, "Ugh, thanks alot, SEAN!"

Yeah, here's the deal:
No more 'tons, no more Asian salad, no more cinnamon rolls....not until I get me some good news from your "sources" that there's gonna be a new computer in my future...that's all I'm sayin'....

LINDSAY OUT.

20 comments:

Nicole said...

Too funny Lindsay - that's what you get for trusting your 'source' - You and Jared crack me up waiting for the new launch of apple - will it EVER arrive? LOL.

Ben and Alissa said...

Sean sounds like it's about to become a new swear word around your house (if it isn't already!).

Thanks for checking out my blog! I've been stalking you for some time (along with like the other 30 people I stalk), but now I'm trying to switch over to the "friendly reader" side and not be quite so stalker-ish. Ben and I have loved your blog, love all your videos of Carson dancing, Kaiya doing ballet (ADORABLE!) and Chloe with her walker. Very cute!

Amy said...

LOL... 90 year old woman on life support! Got news for "Sean" there is always going to be a new computer coming out.

Kim said...

Oh, that hurts! I'm so sad for you. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

tharker said...

I bet "Sean" is shaking in his proverbial boots right now ;) Well, I would with the threat of no more yummy lunches or cinnamon rolls.

Good luck with the dinosaur computer.

hatch said...

Yeah Take That Sean!!!!

You crack me up Lindsay!

Crisdee said...

that's the great thing about technology! this "Sean" knows nothing... not a good salesman!
once the one comes out... you Upgrade... lol
just get it now! (while it's hot!)
I stand by your decision... no more yummy stuff till you get your new computer!

Heather said...

Give in Jared... Lindsay needs that computer.

PRP said...

Oohh, I like ghetto Lindsay. She's got spunk.

Come on Sean, deliver the goods already. There is nothing I hate more than an unreliable computer!

Sarah said...

I would kick Sean to the curb and just get a new computer. Your version of the story totally had me laughing picturing you shaking your fist in the air at him.

Andre said...

So, I have a more reliable source. His real name is Clay and he really knows what he's talking about. Think your hubby would trust him? Give him a call. He would love to talk computers.

melanie said...

Exactly what our life support computer was doing. It was a slow moving and with such a loud fan it was just waiting to crash. Which it did with the one year old pushing it off and on. The poor thing just didn't know what to do other than crash. Back up all of your stuff!! I learned the hard way.

Hope you get that new computer soon. Forget Sean, can't you google when the new one's coming out?

Marilyn said...

Lindsay, you crack me up. But I sympathize...that would drive me insane!

SeannyMcMac said...

Ok look Lindsay. I never 100% guaranteed that new iMacs and Mac Minis would be announced. Ever.

And actually, the iMacs did get a slight upgrade in 2008, not my fault if the hubby won't pull the trigger.

Anyway, check out my blog, I've gotten a new tip from a source. Seems solid to me.

dirty>south said...

Don't drag me into this Sean, or I will make your dead carcass into a new Mac!

irock195 said...

FANTASY FOOTBALL RULES.

stylist to the stars said...

I love you Lindsay. You are to funny.
But I will not feel bad for you, my computer is way, way, way, older.

Shayla said...

Oh, this sounds eerily familiar to the conversations at my house. When I got my new MacBook, Nate kept whining that a new one was "rumored" to be announced soon, but I got it anyway. The new ones came out just recently...if only I had waited 6 months...but you know what? I don't care. I love my Mac, unfortunately with computers you never have the "newest" for very long. Can't wait for you to get your new shiny, pretty Mac! :-)

Janna G said...

oh, I hate slow computers. Keep up the protest Jared will have to give in eventually and forget about "Sean"

The Donald said...

You see, that is the problem with Apple. They either don't come out with anything new, or they come out with some fancy new item, only to come out with another even fancier item a month later, rendering your item obsolete.

So does Jared play PacMan on the old monitor?