22 January, 2009

Stay Mellow, Yellow

Next time Lindsay gets mad at me...

Also, hopefully I will learn to embrace the right.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I almost posted this clip on my blog. I thought it was one of the most bizarre things I'd ever heard - let alone to be said at such a big event. Like that was the best thing he could come up with to say? Where do they find these people and what's being said in their churches is what I'm wondering. So wierd. But at least it's good for talk radio and sattire.

Kris said...

This is hilarious. I hadn't seen this, so thanks for sharing.

mumovearls said...

that's funny!-nena

tharker said...

Amen. Amen. Amen.

I didn't catch this "prayer" when I watched the inauguration. Strange.

When I was listening to him discuss the colors of the world, I was strongly reminded of a certain game that Jared likes to play in which he labels the colors of the game pieces by race. You so funny, Jared!

Kim said...

I didn't see this part when I was watching. Wow, that is pretty funny. A little awkward, but funny.

Jan said...

When I heard this I said to myself, I am so glad I still have that CTR ring. I am going to have to start wearing it again. I had forgotten.

Angie said...

WOW!!!

PRP said...

I freakin' loved it! It made me laugh out loud because when you hear it all spoken of in that way, it reminds you how stupid we are for still talking about the color of people's skin. I mean, really. There has to be something else we can talk about!

AOlson said...

I am so glad you posted this. I was crackin' up while watching it on TV. It's just as ridiculous the second time around! Seriously, c'mon.

April said...

This was so weird when I watched it but I learned the reason for it later. Apparently the first part, when he talks about the silent tears (I can't remember the exact words) and then this part where he talks about all the colors, they were from the "Negro national anthem" and from chants civil rights marchers used while they marched. Apparently the Reverend who made the speech was a huge part of the civil rights movement. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know it wasn't as weird as it sounded at the time. :)

Sara said...

I couldn't stop laughing during that part, thanks for posting it.