My baby is one!
Chloe's Latest Milestones:
She can wave...not just her arms, but she opens and closes her hands and is constantly waving to everyone with her big, cheesy grin.
She claps her hands. She thinks it's so funny to do it too.
She is starting to take steps. She takes three steps and then falls. She is constantly balancing herself and standing for long periods of time by herself. She's going to be walking soon.
She is starting to get IRATE if someone takes something away from her. She screams and cries like crazy if she thinks it's something really good.
I think she has finally said her first word. I wish I could say it's "Mama" or "Dada," but I think it's the word, "No." She has been starting to say, "na na na!" She especially says this if she objects to something. Seems like the word "no" to me!
Her smile still could make anyone melt!
She can wave...not just her arms, but she opens and closes her hands and is constantly waving to everyone with her big, cheesy grin.
She claps her hands. She thinks it's so funny to do it too.
She is starting to take steps. She takes three steps and then falls. She is constantly balancing herself and standing for long periods of time by herself. She's going to be walking soon.
She is starting to get IRATE if someone takes something away from her. She screams and cries like crazy if she thinks it's something really good.
I think she has finally said her first word. I wish I could say it's "Mama" or "Dada," but I think it's the word, "No." She has been starting to say, "na na na!" She especially says this if she objects to something. Seems like the word "no" to me!
Her smile still could make anyone melt!
Poor girl. Chloe's had quite the rough week. Last Sunday, she came down with a high fever. I finally took her in on Tuesday and found out she had her first ear infection. Then on Thursday, she broke out into major hives. Turns out she was allergic to Amoxicillin. Her doctor put her on new medicine, but she was so sad and lethargic on her birthday. She didn't want to eat, drink or sleep. All she wanted to do was to lay on me. It would have been kind of cute, if it weren't so darn sad. Talk about the worst birthday ever. Anyways, she started perking back up yesterday so we had a little family party for her. Aunt Gigi came by with Qiana and we had a good little celebration!
To make Chloe's birthday special, I decided to make Chloe a birthday cake for our family party. Crazy, right! Yeah, I know. Kaiya's cake was a catastrophe and it only turned out great because Heather saved the day. I told myself {and anyone else who'd listen} that I was NEVER making a cake again. Well, apparently cake-making falls under the same category for me as childbirth, because only three months later after swearing off baking cakes, here I was attempting to make another one by myself.
And guess what!
It turned out great! {By great, I mean that it baked all the way through and didn't spill on to the counter, nor were there any hysterical phone calls to friends, and Heather didn't need to come help me.}
If that's not a success, I don't know what is. I mean sure, there were some not-so-pretty parts on the backside, but whatever. Chloe's one. She didn't care.
So here's the finished product:
Here's the birthday girl waiting to eat her birthday cake:
25 comments:
Happy Birthday to Chloe! I'm sorry to hear she had such a rough week. Your cake turned out SO cute. I totally want to learn how to do that. I still can't believe Chloe is one already. I feel like she should still be a little baby. Weird! Love you guys.
I'm so glad that she's feeling better. She did look so sad on Friday!
The cake looks AWESOME! And I'm also glad that I was on the phone with you when you were kneading all that fondant (cuz you were pretty funny!) It looks like it was completely worth it, you did a great job!
And yes, Chloe's smile CAN melt anyone's heart. Love that girl!!
Happy Birthday Chloe!!
The cake turned out fantastic! Love the colors :)
I cannot believe she is 1! where did the year go?! She is such a cutie though :)
The cake turned out great! Very cute, Chloe looks like she was not going to waste any of it. I'm so glad she is doing better and getting back to her old self. I can't believe she is 1 already, I remember one of the first Sundays you guys were in our ward and I sat by you in relief society and I think you were having contractions that day. You held Morgan for me so I could play the piano - what a great lady!
One already!! No way! The cake looks amazing!! Maybe her smile could melt some snow and ice? At least off of the roads anyway:)
I love the cake. I'm so impressed that you made it all by yourself with no frantic phone calls. That's just awesome. Glad that she's feeling better and I still can't believe that she's 1. Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl.
That's a cute girl and a cute cake!
happy birthday chloe! can't believe she is already 1..time flew by! love the cake, wow, i could never make something as pretty as that!
Great job on the cake!
Chloe is a doll and I can't believe she's already one!
The cake is so cute! And I love Chloe's big smile!
What a doll! Happy Birthday Chloe & we are glad you are feeling better! I love the cake, and watching her eat it is priceless...
Wow! The cake looks great!
Poor little Chloe! How lame to have an allergic reaction to the medicine that is supposed to be making you better! I'm glad she is feeling better, though.
What a CUTIE!!! Happy Birthday Chloe!
Such a cutie. That cake is adorable.
OK...that cake is amazing!
Didn't this last year go by way too fast. That first year is never long enough. She is an absolute doll!
That cake looks awesome! You are lucky we will be out of town for Makenzie's birthday or I would be calling YOU for help! Good job!
Hope Chloe is doing so much better and back to her happy self!
so stinkn' cute! One already! Soon it will be nursery! I loved the cake! I have never used fondany before but you have inspired me to try!
One? Seriously? Where does the time go?
She is such a fantastic little peanut. I am in love with her cheeks and that cheesy, cheesy grin of hers.
And your cake looks fantastic! I knew you could do it!
I can't believe she is 1 already! Crazy fast year!!!
i'm so glad i got to be there to watch her demolish that cake. although my favorite was watching kaiya being tortured because she couldn'ttouch it.
Chloe is adorable. That smile does make you melt!
I am so proud that you made a beautiful cake and you didn't cry this time.
The cake is gorgeous, happy birthday cute girl.
Happy Birthday Chloe! I love the cake it turned out amazing. Great Job!
Happy Birthday to the future Mrs. Cody Andelin. I hope they don't mind we've arranged a marriage for them!
1 Years Old. How sweet. She is so cute and full of life. Chloe brought alot of joy in just 1 year. Have a great 2 life little one.
Love the cake.
Wow!! One already? where is the time going...?
Her smile is awesome!
Happy belated Bday Chloe! :)
Post a Comment