This is just a busy, busy time of year.
Here's some of the latest from our neck of the woods:
1. Soccer is coming to a close. Jared has been coaching Carson's soccer team this year. He's had a blast doing it and Carson LOVES having his Dad as the coach of the team. All the kids have really improved from the beginning of the season. It's neat to see.
2. Jared completed the "final mow" on our grass this year before the water gets turned off. This may not seem like a big deal to a lot of you, but to Jared, it's huge. According to him, he's not a "Yardie" {meaning someone who likes to work in the yard}. When the water is shut off, this means no more time spent working in the yard and no nagging wife {me} saying that I want to get the yard finished. It's just a huge weight off his chest because he knows that he doesn't have to do anything until Spring.
3. I just finished teaching READY! for Kindergarten classes in our area. The classes are 3 times a year. I was able to teach the age 3-4 class to parents and it was a good experience for me.
4. As PTO secretary this year, there has been lots of business to take care of. Currently, we've been dealing with new t-shirt orders. We finally distributed the shirts today to teachers and students. They look great and hopefully everyone else is happy too. Also, the big Monster Math Night/Halloween Party is on Friday and there is lots to do still. {Here's my shameless plug: If you'd like to help out with games or would like to bring treats/cupcakes for the Sweet Street, we would LOVE it. We really need all the help we can get.}
5. I 've been working on the Christmas shopping for this holiday season. Last year I completed all my Christmas shopping before December and it made for a really nice holiday season. We will be starting a few new traditions this year. After hearing about Danyelle's Christmas tradition last year, we've decided to do something similar. If any of you are interested in purchasing those Want/Need/Wear/Read tags, you can do so by clicking here.
6. Nicole and I have been making all sorts of hair accessories. It's a fun crafty thing that we do together. It's been so neat to see all the girls--big and small--wear our hair accessories.
Here's some of the things on tap for our family in the next few weeks:
1. Carson's final soccer game on Saturday.
2. Jared & Lindsay will be watching Season 2 of Heroes this weekend. It just came in at the library.
3. Carson & Kaiya have their Primary Program at church on Sunday.
4. Halloween celebrating--Monster Math Night, Pumpkin Carving, Ward Trunk-or-Treat, and Trick-or-Treating.
5. Lindsay finishing her book, The Color of Water. {recommended by Kristin, a long, long time ago and now I'm finally getting around to it!}
6. Lindsay and Nicole making more hair accessories for an upcoming bazaar.
12 comments:
My kids love the T-shirts! I think they look great too! At least I know what they'll be wearing every Friday!!
Can't wait to see all the cute stuff you and Nicole have been making.
Ok, since you did a shameless plug, maybe I won't do one, cause I was really considering it! We're desperate!
I love posts like these because I think it will be so neat for your kids to look back on later in life and know exactly what you were doing right now. Such a great way to journal their lives.
Don't get too stoked about heroes season 2. We LOVED season one... but they kinda blew it after that. I love that you guys wait for DVDs to come in at the library! I feel much less loser=y now because that is all we do! (right now we're on the waiting list for lost season four)
I'm so glad I read your blog about the T-shirts! I just checked Liah's backpack, and sure enough, there it was.
What is READY! for Kindergarten?
Yeah, how did you get to be a teacher for Ready for Kindergarten? That's cool. Man, this time of year is so crazy. Have fun at your Halloween Party at the school tonight. I'm sure it will be so successful.
We went to Ready for Kindergarten with Shayla, I thought those classes were so good!
I'm just so dang proud of you guys! Keep up the good work...
I love that the word "yardie" was invented!
I love that the word "yardie" was invented!
I think it's great that Jared enjoyed coaching Carson's soccer team. I'm sure that will be something Carson will always remember.
You are so good to help out at school and teaching the RFK classes. I wish I was better at volunteering my time.
Aaron needs to pass off some of his yardiness to Jared. He enjoys it all way too much for me. He will spend hours out there mowing, picking weeds, hosing off anything he can come in contact with. I don't get it!
Glad to hear you are happy and busy.
We too are feeling a relief that the stress is off a little until next spring, but there are so many inside projects to work on too.
It never ends.
Post a Comment