Kaiya had her first ballet class yesterday and it was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. All day long she was so anxious to go. After begging me for several hours, I finally let her put her leotard, tights, skirt, and shoes on so she could dance around the house.
Here's Kaiya all ready for her first class:

Once we got there, Kaiya went right into class. I was a little worried she might have a problem because she's so shy, but despite being nervous, she started participating right away.
The first 20 minutes of class is devoted to tap and then the rest of the hour is ballet. Here's a picture of Kaiya getting her "tap" on .

After tap, the girls started doing ballet. I managed to get several video clips of Kaiya's first ballet class.
{The video was taken through the window outside her class.} I'm pretty sure the other mom's thought I was C-R-A-Z-Y...oh well! I was just eating it up. I think I just got so excited because dance is something I loved as a little girl and it is so fun to see my little girl starting it. Also, she went into class so easily without being so inhibited. It was really nice to see.
After class was over, Kaiya exclaimed, "I like ballet class. It's fun!"
19 comments:
She looks so adorable in her dance outfit. I'm glad she enjoyed herself and got right down to some tapping and dancing!
She is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad she liked it and that her shyness didn't get in her way. Dance on Miss Kaiya!
So cute and so fun. It's always fun to watch your daughter enjoy things that you love. She's adorable.
That is so, so cute!! Her little outfit is so adorable. Wonderful news that she just took to it right away.
How cute is she?!! I'm so glad she love it.
So sweet Lindsay! I know how special it is to watch your little girl love something that you love so much too. Great memories.
Okay, that is the cutest thing I have seen in a very long time Lindsay! I am so happy for her that she is loving it. She looks adorable.
She is adorable, she looks like she is having so much fun!
Your videos turned out so cute that I'm going to bring my camera and try it next week!
okay that is so adorable. I'm glad she liked it....it would have been devastating if she didn't. She is going to be so fun to watch!
That is super cute. She's a born dancer, I'd say.
So glad Kaiya loved dance class and she wasn't shy! She looked like she was having a great time! Did you cut her hair or is it just pulled up?
How did preschool go?
Cute! Cute!
I'm glad she likes it!! My girls are on their second year and love it. They practice their moves at home all the time.
She is so precious. And Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet daughter too. You are richly blessed.
she's so cute!! btw Happy late bday!! your posts are so much fun! ;) Hope you and Kaiya had great birthdays!!!
Fun Fun! I've done ballet my whole life (excpet the lat 3 years :) It's fun stuff. What studio are you going to?
She did great, love the videos! She's gonna be a prima! :)
Oh they are such darlings, aren't they! Kaiya is precious!
Lindee, She's going to the Academy across from Winco. Did you go there?
Post a Comment