When we picked her up, this is what we saw:
Kaiya was all smiles after completing her first day and totally jazzed about getting to wear a special birthday crown.
Here's the lowdown on the first day:
Me: What did you do today at preschool?
Kaiya: We painted the fish. We read books.
Me: What book did you read?
Kaiya: We read a shiny fish one and "Stay in Line."
Me: What else did you do?
Kaiya: We sing songs. We go outside.
Me: Who did you play with?
Kaiya: I can't remember her name. Miss Molly teached us how to get in line. We ate a snack and we had some more snacks. We play the Mystery Box game and then they make a crown for me.
This conversation with Kaiya is a prime example of the differences between boys and girls. I don't think Carson has ever been so thorough on describing his school day, while Kaiya just freely gave me a play-by-play of her entire school day.
I was so happy to discover that she had a pleasant day and really enjoyed herself. Kaiya is such a shy little girl and since summer she has stopped talking to all adults, with the exception of close family members. Between her first dance class experience and her first day at preschool, I felt comforted and more confident that she'll be able to interact well with others and hopefully open up and talk too.
9 comments:
Seriously, Kaiya and Carson's rundown of the first day of school could not be more different. It's so funny how differently boys and girls operate.
I am so happy that she had a great first day. I really think that Miss Molly is such a perfect fit for Kaiya.
Girls are sooooo different. I still don't know much about my boys first days at school - except they were "good." Not so detailed... They can't seem to be quiet unless you are asking them a question :)
That's so great that Kaiya had such a fun day! Yay for Miss Molly! Kendle loved her and I bet Kaiya will have an awesome year. I love the look on her face running out the door with the birthday crown on.
She is so cute! Yeah the girls talk my ear off when they get home from school! I love it!
She's totally going to come out of her shell between going to dance and preschool. What a big girl!!
Awww.... so precious.
The picture of her coming out of the door really says it all. There is just a spring in her step.
oh i am so glad she liked school, and how adorable did she look. I just love that girl.
How fun for Kaiya! Cannon's shyness has subsided since pre school started too. It's nice, they feel more confident I think.
I had to take 2 looks at the first picture, I thought she had a flower anklet! Duh to me! It would have matched nicely though.
Post a Comment