It's been funny though. I guess I didn't realized how backyard-deprived my kids have been this summer. I bought a slip-n-slide {Well, actually it was a $7 Bonzai Soak and Splash Water Slide. Ghetto, I know.} and they thought it was the greatest thing EVER. They were so excited it was almost embarrassing. Carson was like, "Let's invite people over to play on it!" Then he saw some of the neighbor kids riding their bikes and called out, "Come over! We just got a slip-n-slide!" He even said it in a "I'm the coolest kid on the block" kind of tone. You would have thought we just got an Olympic-size pool in our backyard. In fact, the neighbor kids did not even remotely share the same amount of enthusiasm and just kept riding their bikes. After all, they have had their own yards this summer with all sorts of outdoor fun, so the ghetto slip-n-slide was not tempting.
Everyday they have been asking to play on the ghetto slip-n-slide. Apparently that was the best $7 I ever spent, since it has literally been hours of fun for them. Just wait till I get them a blow-up kiddie pool. Goodness, they might think it's Christmas in August!
{Kaiya's so funny. After every slide, she felt like she needed to do a model pose for the camera...even when there was no camera.}
{After Carson saw Kaiya doing "model poses" he felt he needed to as well. That's why he's in a freeze position after his slide.}
{And is that what I seriously sound like in everyday life? Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry for those who actually talk to me. My voice is really annoying.}
3 comments:
You have the perfect yard for the slip n' slide.... downhill!!
Hopefully that "our backyard is just like an amusement park" feeling that your kids have right now will last for a long time!
I love the video of Carson posing it up.
And yes you do sound like that every day, but NO your voice is not annoying! Silly, silly Lindsay.
$7 for that much fun is money well spent. I think that's amazing that a little water and plastic can bring that much joy. Enjoy slippin and slidin kids.
Post a Comment