31 July, 2008

SYTYCD Mystery Solved

It has been completely driving me crazy... every week lately the dancers do that "4 fingers on the shoulder" thing. What in the world does that mean? I thought it was just something that me, the "uncool" mommy, didn't know. I was going to ask Jared what it meant, since after all, he thinks he's black, but I didn't have to because my fabulous sister-in-law answered the very question I had been wondering.

To see what it means, click HERE.

12 comments:

tharker said...

I knew that it meant 4real, or for real..whatever...because they've said it on the show a few times, but I've always wondered what in the world it meant. Thanks again to Angie and her wonderful knowledge of all things entertainment!

Lisa said...

Thank you, thank you! As you know, it was driving me nuts, too and I also felt like the uncool, out of it mom who didn't understand.

PRP said...

I can finally sleep soundly tonight...thanks Angie!

TyLeen said...

yeah, I am glad you brought that up. It has been driving me crazy too! I did know that it meant "4real" but really...why!? Thanks for the insight!

Alicia Leppert said...

Yeah, I don't watch the show but I can tell it would bug me to death, especially not knowing what it meant. It's always so nice to find those things out.

Ms. Kristen said...

FOO-REAL!! I cringe every time Nigel does it to! It is only for da brothers!

Megan said...

i've been wondering...noticed the shirts, but never made the connection-thanks

polka dots said...

I love how I can come to this blog and gain insights into black culture. Could you or Jared explain the word fashizzle to me?

The Donald said...

#1, I love the background. #2 I think Lisa watches this show. I prefer to watch paint dry, and the grass grow. But hey, thats just me

Sara said...

Thanks for clearing up this confusion I thought I was the only one out of the loop on this one.

Kris said...

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea what they were doing or why.

Nicole said...

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!!!

It's one of those things I've been meaning to ask you. Not because I thought you had the answer, but because Jared always knows the 'cool stuff' Of course it runs in his family. HOORAY for Angie! I will sleep better tonight.