Jared's Family Reunion....
We listened to lovely {though VERY long} presentations commemorating Jared's Grandpa and his siblings. We also had time for hanging out and playing.
Garage Sale
We decided last minute to have a garage sale. Well, actually I decided. I started pulling everything out and making a huge mess, so Jared really had no choice but to help me out or he wasn't ever going to get to park his car in the garage again. We got rid of a huge amount of stuff, including our kitchen table and chairs, and the table our TV was on. Now we really look like we've been robbed. Unfortunately we are not agreeing as to what we should get to replace these items, so it may look like that for awhile.
School Supply Drive
I'm currently the Humanitarian Specialist for our ward. Trust me, though, the term "specialist" is used VERY loosely when applied to me! I don't sew or make quilts. Luckily, one of the stake projects this year was collecting school supplies for the foster kids in the area. The supplies were due this last week, so I've been collecting them all this month. Here's a look at what we collected:
Finished Breaking Dawn
So I finally finished the book, Breaking Dawn. At the risk of getting my house potentially toilet papered or egged on, I have to say I didn't love it. I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, so please don't be offended. Feel free to chalk it up to bad taste on my part.
School Shopping
Now that I have one kid in school full-time AND a child in preschool, I got a small glimpse of how August can be a rough time of year on the pocketbook. Wow! I bought each kid their school supplies. Then I needed to buy them both shoes. I still haven't really even gotten them any new school clothes yet. Plus, I got them registered in soccer and ballet and got their things that they needed for those activities. I have to admit though, I was pretty giddy buying Kaiya her dance leotard, tights, skirt, tap and ballet shoes. We were both excited little girls when she put her new stuff to try on!
My Birthday Month
Oh, yeah, I said birthday month. The party's already started for this girl's birthday. I'm turning the big 3-0 this year and this momentous occasion happens on the 30th, thus making it my Golden Birthday {Yep, you can all start the eye-rolling now.}. I am being spoiled to pieces by all my wonderful peeps in my life. I'll elaborate more on that later in the month.
15 comments:
Actually, I have to agree with you on Breaking Dawn. You should go read Alicia's review, you might be surprised that a lot of people felt the same way as you. I hope you're having an awesome birthday month! Happy 30th!
Wow, all the school supplies. YEAH! I am so happy for you! I am glad it all worked out. Happy birthday month! I hope you have a good one!
Holy Cow Lindsay. You have been busy. I can't believe everything you've been doing. I'm so excited about all the school kits. That's just awesome. Looks like your month has been fun and exciting!
August has turned into the month I like the least. I can handle the kids all day long June, July. NO problem. But now I'm snapping at the drop of a hat. I need school as much as they do.
I'm halfway through Breaking Dawn and I don't like it at all. I wish I would have stopped at the first book. That one I loved.
Good job on all the school kits. Looks like tons of work.
You did a great job with the school supply kits!
You are not alone with your thoughts on Breaking Dawn. I am still reading it and I am so not into it this time in fact I am reading at about the same pace as I read Anna Karinna. (just a few pages a day is about all I can handle) I am so surprised about the way I am feeling about this book I could not put the other three down. Enjoy your birthday month!
Okay so i finished the book today and i am with you, i was pretty dissapointed with the end.
Holy cow, the school supply drive for you ward turned out awesome!
That orange shirt looks SO much better on you than it did on me! It's a great color on you Linds.
I'm with ya on the shock of shelling out the bucks for back to school. It can get pretty pricey with several kids in school.
Even though there were several things that really bugged me about Breaking Dawn, I still really enjoyed it. But don't worry, I won't be egging your house! And you know I won't T.P. because you have no trees!! ;)
I'm so happy you're enjoying your birthday month. You totally deserve to be spoiled by your peeps! We love ya!
Yeah, I have mixed feelings on breaking dawn also. But at least the series is done!
Let me start by wishing you a happy birthday month, I can't wait to hear what all the festivities will be!
You may know already that I completely agree with you on Breaking Dawn. I'm reading it again and about every third page I ask myself, "Why?"
That is so great about the school supply drive. I bet that is a relief to have it all done. Great job!
I'm glad you're having an awesome birthday month, you deserve it and sometimes it's just nice to get pampered a little.
Although there were more than a few things I did not like about Breaking Dawn, I enjoyed reading it and finishing the series. And of course, it IS just a fictional story! :)
I can't believe all of the people at the family reunion. I thought my family was big - whew! That's pretty cool.
how come no pictures of carson and his "incident" at the reunion? poor kid, maybe we can laugh about it with him when he gets older.
Isn't it crazy how ridiculously busy August seems to get!! I would love to see Kaiya in her dance stuff!!
I hope you are having a great birthday month!!
And Breaking Dawn, I liked it but not as much as the others. It could have been better.
That is such a neat thing to be able to be involved in. Those kids will be very grateful. Isn't it fun to be involved in such a great Gospel. I love how we have so many opportunities to learn from.
The reunion was very well attended I see. That is huge. How fun. I love that picture of you and the family. You guys are just he cutest.
Thanks for sharing your August with us. It was jamming for you guys.
Sounds like a busy winding down of summer! Great job on the school supplies. I can't believe it's back to school already.
Hey birthday twin, Happy Birthday. I also agree on Breaking Dawn, it seems like the day night before writing the book Stephenie Meyer watched "X Men" "The Notebook" and "Juno" and combined them all to make her book. Have a good day, oh and update on weird Provo life. One of my roomates is in the marching band and last night we played real life "Clue" on campus.
Post a Comment