21 August, 2008

8 Months

My baby girl is 8 months! I can't believe it.

{Chloe with her mangy giraffe. She loves that thing.}

Stop growing up, Chloe! It's making me sad because you are starting to not feel so "baby" anymore!

Two big accomplishments just happened:

1. Chloe's two front teeth broke through.
2. Chloe started crawling.

Of course, I didn't even realize she was teething until the first one had broken through a little. Yep, I think I get the bad mom award for that one. She was really grouchy and therefore I was really grouchy. I was thinking to myself, "Ugh, Chloe...what's your problem!" Then she happened to gnaw on my finger and I felt her new tooth. I looked inside her mouth and her gums were all swollen and completely red.

It's always so funny to me when babies start to get their front teeth. Don't they look so huge coming in! She kinda looks like she could have bucky beaver teeth. Well, they haven't completely come in yet, so I guess the jury's still out on that one.

So here's some video of Chloe's new crawling skill:



At first, she would just do a push-up, drag herself forward a bit, fall down, and repeat the whole process to get where she needed to go. It was not efficient whatsoever but she was clearly so proud of herself. Now her crawling is much more efficient. She is starting to crawl everywhere now. Girlfriend thinks she is hot stuff these days. She gets a huge cheesy grin when I see her cross the room or come around the corner.

I really need to Chloe-proof my house though and well, quite frankly, I just need to keep a cleaner house. I always forget how they like to put EVERYTHING in their mouths. Like the one little piece of string or paper on the floor and she's got it in her mouth. The worst is when you feel like your kitchen floor is clean and then your child has some little crumb remnant that they are trying to get in their mouth. Eww!

{Chloe trying to eat some Cheerios. Clearly she's still having a hard time getting things in her mouth. I guess the silver lining is that while she finds gross crumbs on the floor, she can't really get them in her mouth.}

Chloe is now suddenly a big "grabby" girl. The girl tries to grab for everything. She is very curious---much more like Carson that way. Carson always got into everything. Kaiya never got into anything. She just sat there. Chloe is funny though. She'll sit there like she is just waiting for her chance and then suddenly swoop down for something. I've almost dropped her a few times because of her sudden swoops for something.

{Chloe trying to grab the camera. I told you she was a "grabby" girl.}

Chloe's not much of a talker though. That's okay. I guess we've got enough talkin' in our house. She'll realize soon enough if she wants a word in, she better speak up.

Finally, Chloe is still completely a Mama's girl and I still completely eat it up. She constantly looks for me and has to have me in her line of sight. It's hard not to melt when someone looks at you like you are the greatest thing ever.

HAPPY 8 MONTHS, CHLOE!

12 comments:

tharker said...

I too can't believe that Chloe is 8 months old already! That went so fast.

I love the video of her crawling, she doing awesome!

I love that little Chlo-Bo. She is such a sweet baby. I also love the picture of her trying to get the Cheerios in her mouth. Keep working at it girl!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Baby girls don't come any cuter than that. I love the intent look on her face trying desperately to get that cheerio into her mouth. She's a doll.

Kate said...

Happy 8 months Chloe!
That last picture of her is so precious :)

Nicole said...

I can't believe the improvement she's made just within the past week. WTG Chloe!

mumovearls said...

She is the greatest thing ever! I think she is just sweet.-n

Kim said...

I'm so excited that she's crawling! Can't wait to see it in person. It is so fun to see how she's changed and getting to be such a big girl.

Kris said...

She's a doll. Time is sure flying by. I love all the photos of her. Linds, your writing cracks me up. I love it.

Piper said...

What a cute girl! Love that tongue hanging out!

Sarah said...

Chloe looks so happy in that clip of her crawling, which she is doing great at! It feels good as a mom to have someone who's happy to see you all the time.

Brooklet said...

WoW, she is cute! 8 months is probably one of my most favorite times for babies, because they are so darn cute, they are learning so much, and their personalities begin to shine. Her smile with her tongue sticking out is so cute!

Riggs Familia said...

Chloe is a doll! I can't believe she's crawling, wow so grown up! Crawling...teeth...where's your lil baby? My how they grow so fast.

Lisa said...

Love the pictures and especially the video! She is crawling great. It's so great when they can get to where they want to go without getting so frustrated.
SHe's such a cutie!