She received her very first piece of mail in the Primary Mailbox! She was picked to say her very first Opening Prayer in Primary next Sunday.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited she was to get her mail. She kept saying, "Oh, yeah! I got the mail! I got the mail." She even has a little mail dance. Here's a little snippet of Kaiya in action:
I thought the excitement would wear off, but she has carried that envelope for two days now. Apparently it is very precious to her. She threw a complete fit when Carson {according to him} accidentally sat on the envelope and bent it.
This Opening Prayer assignment comes at a great time. Her Sunbeam teacher informed us that Kaiya has stopped talking for the past few weeks and will only communicate in her own form of sign language. She will only use hand gestures and point to things. I guess Kaiya didn't get the memo that sign language is for those people who cannot actually speak. Just lovely. I shouldn't be surprised though. After all, this is the girl who used to embarrass herself to sleep. Remember? Anyways, hopefully, she will be excited enough to get up, use her voice and say the prayer!
8 comments:
I can't wait to see Kaiya in action in Primary on Sunday! Hopefully she will talk and not sign her prayer!
Yeah, I don't think it's a good sign when she didn't even speak during the "excitement video". She'll do great.
I kind of want to come to your ward on Sunday so I can watch Kaiya sign the prayer. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Kaiya? Oh, I have? Woops.
Brad spent much of yesterday trying to get Kaiya to talk to him but he said that every time he asked her a question, she figured out some way to answer him without speaking! I love it! That's one smart girl you've got there. Here's to speaking the prayer on Sunday....
She is just one of the cutest little sunbeams ever! I'm glad she was so excited to get mail, and I hope she's still excited about it on Sunday!
Do you think she will try to sign the prayer? She is too cute!! BTW Tuesday was TONS of FUN!!
I think this girl needs to get some actual mail, through the good old US post office. Could you imagine the excitement she would have at that.
She is adorable in that video! I love her excitement.
Post a Comment