Kaiya has really enjoyed her lessons. I was a little nervous about the lessons because she is such a shy girl, after all. The first day though, I plopped her down with her class and brightly said, "Okay, have fun!" and walked away. She did great! She didn't cry or even fuss!
Here's a picture of Kaiya with one of her teachers---
Kaiya has also changed all the swimming terminology. She just didn't like to call the arms "alligator arms" or the legs "dolphin kicks." She will only refer to them as "mermaid arms" and "mermaid kicks." Again---Swimming Diva.
Here's a fun picture of Kaiya on "Fun Friday" going down the big slide. Isn't she brave!
Carson, meanwhile, is enjoying his first year on the swim team. He was a little nervous to do it, but now loves it. He has already had 2 swim meets and thinks they are the greatest things in the world. He's already talking about doing it next year. I secretly think that he loves it so much though because of the wondrous amount of snacks I bring to the swim meets. He thinks it's the greatest thing ever. In fact, now I'm positive that's the reason he loves swim team so much. Here's my tip off..."Mom, when I do swim team next year, make sure to still buy the Easy Cheese and those yogurt covered raisins...."
Here's a picture of Carson getting out of the pool after his first swimming event at his first meet...
I didn't get as many good pictures as I would have liked, but I was taking both video on the camcorder and pictures with the camera. I looked like one of those Japanese tourists that was visiting America for the first time with all of my electronic equipment. {You all know what I'm talking about. We've all seen them.}
Here's a picture of Carson after his final event...
9 comments:
Great pictures. I love that Kaiya is totally covering her eyes going down the slide.
And technically you would look like a Korean tourist... or possibly one from Honduras. Ha, I couldn't resist.
sounds like kaiya and carson are taking after their mommy in swimming!
I love swim lessons and the things my kids are learning. I wish I would've put Tyler on Swim Team this year. Carson sounds like he's doing really well and loving every minute of it (and the snacks too.) Kaiya is adorable and I'm glad she's enjoying her swim lessons too. Next session I'll have to get in the 11 o'clock hour. I think that's when everyone is at the pool!
The picture of Kaiya on the waterslide is PRICELESS! It sums up her whole personality! I love her.
Wow...swim team! I am impressed! Way to go Carson!
What a fantastic mother you are to make sure your kids get that valuable skill. I watched the life guard pull a kid from the pool on a end of school fieldtrip, it scared the life out of me.
This is the first session that I have been able to put Dylan in. Good for Kaiya for taking swim lessons. I need to show her doing that to Chloe. Chloe will not take them. She keeps telling me she will when she turns 5. I would really like her to though.
That is so cool that Carson is on the swim team this year. I am sure that is so much fun!
I can just picture you holding the baby, video taping, and snapping pictures. Hey we do what we have to do to document these great moments.
It was SO funny hearing that teacher fill in the test instructor about Kaiya and the bobs! I too love the picture of her covering her eyes on the slide.
Carson really is such a good swimmer. I'm so happy he is loving swim team so much!
Post a Comment