This last month brought one very significant change:
She no longer has colic and is a happy baby---Hooray!
Chloe doesn't cry 24/7 anymore. In fact, she is an angel baby these days. Because she was so fussy, wanted to be held every waking moment, and cried for hours on end, I am absolutely loving this new version of Chloe. It almost doesn't even seem like it's the same baby. I can leave her alone on a blanket or put her in one of her baby toys and she is content as can be.
Part of the reason for this drastic change is due to the "light bulb moment" I had when I got out my book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I followed the principles of this book with Kaiya and she was the best baby and best napper during her baby and toddler years. I got out the book to brush up on some of the things I'd forgotten. While reading, I realized that while Chloe truly did have colic, the colic brought on some really bad sleep habits which were making her extra grouchy. It makes sense really because I was doing whatever I could to get her to stop crying and so she was developing really bad sleep habits.
Chloe's 5 month milestones:
She's now on a great routine--3 naps a day, with first two naps 2 hours long each, and the 3rd nap 45 min. long.
She is finally smiling, cooing, blowing raspberries, and making all the fun baby noises that all the other babies her age did and she didn't because she was so grouchy.
She's starting to get interested in food. When she sees people eating she smacks her lips and leans toward the food.
She rolls from her back to her stomach like a pro. Only problem is that she can't roll back the other way. When on her stomach, she always get a look like, "Oh no! What did I do that for!"
She always gives her biggest smiles and laughs for Daddy.
She loves to grab and pull my hair and earrings. Time to stop wearing big earrings for awhile and perhaps get a haircut.
She loves to pull off her cute hairbands that I made her. {Whoa, Chloe. Pulling Mom's hair is one thing, but do not pull off the hairbands. That's a sure fire way to tick Mom off.}
She thinks her brother and sister are hilarious.
She's drooling and has her hands in her mouth constantly....perhaps teeth are in her near future?
18 comments:
oh I am so happy for you! I am happy that you two are now in a good routine and that Chloe is a happier baby :)
Happy 5 month Birthday Chloe!
Yeah for no colic. What a frustrating period of time for mothers. It seems as though it will never end and that they are doomed to being cranky forever. I think some of them get it out of their system and are so happy its over too. Think about how much better Chloe must feel. I am happy for her and you. So great.
*Yes Lindsay, I figured it out on the cooking site. I was not thinking about how that worked. But that is going to work out perfect. Can we post on healthy eating tips and shopping tips for food buying too. I was thinking that this would be a great place to share bargains that we come across during the week or month. I have wanted to do a blog on that, but tell me what you think about that. We could have a label for that. It might be better to have another one to set up just for those types of ideas. Let me know..
Really enjoying the recipes though.
I love your babies and their cheeks! Yummy!
I cannot believe the change that Chloe has made! She is a totally different baby. Hooray for Healthy Sleep Habits - and no colic!!!
I remember when Macy stopped being colicky, it was like literally one day she woke up and became a totally different baby. I couldn't believe it when she just sat there and didn't cry, when she actually slept without having to be held. It was a miracle. I'm so glad you are out of that phase.
So glad you've got a happy, colic-free baby now! That Healthy Sleep Habits book saved us, love that book.
I love this picture of her, she does look so happy! yay for no colic!
She is such a cutie! Happy times ahead for you now! I love that age.
Happy babies equal happy mommys.
So glad she feels better and is enjoying life. She really is adorable.
I don't get how suddenly babies don't have colic. What a blessing.
She is so stinkin' sweet and I'm so glad she's turned the corner. Now you can just enjoy her!
That is great news for both of you! She is so adorable, and it makes such a huge difference in their personality when they are eating and sleeping well. Hurray!
I'm so glad that Chloe is happier now. That has got to be such a huge relief. It sounds like she is reaching many milestones. She's so adorable, and I love every chance I get to squeeze those cheeks. Thanks again for watching my kids the other day. It was a huge help and it was fun visiting with you too!
What a cute picture! I am so glad for you that Chloe is a happier baby! (And therefore you are a happier mommy!)
Oh Chloe is so cute! I love her smile. I'm so glad she's over the colic. I'm sure I would have been over in in a couple days. So hard.
Reed and Chloe are so close in age that this list is perfect for him. Except for the rolling over part. He hasn't quite figured that one out yet. Oh and he doesn't wear bows, ha.
Hey that swim suit is from Target I bought it at the first of the season they had the cutest one this season!
she is so stinkin cute! I love those cheeks!-n
Love the chub! Happy 5 months to Chloe!!!!
Can't wait to see you all this weekend. That picture of her is so cute! It's so fun to see her smiling.
Yeah!! I need to get a copy of that book. Morgan is fine, but the first few months, my babies do not understand sleep! Or maybe its me.
Chloe has such a sweet smile. It makes me want to pinch her chubs!
Post a Comment