I love Jared. He's a great husband and father. He's so quick to help me with chores and plays with the kids all the time. He's also a smart guy, so why is it he can't do really simple tasks like get the children dressed?
Whenever Jared gets the kids dressed, they always look like total rag muffins. You'd think Carson would look okay because he's older and can dress himself. No--that's not the case. Carson will have something on like camouflage shirt with different patterned camouflage pants and then hair all 80's feathered, like Jonathan Bauer on Who's The Boss. Jared and Carson pretty much have the same hairstyle, so you'd think that since Jared fixes his own hair, he could fix Carson's too. Yeah, not so much.
Don't even get me started on Kaiya's attire. I always think, "Surely he'll be able to dress her because he sees what she wears every day. Just put a pair of jeans on her and a normal looking shirt." But, when I see Kaiya, she's wearing like the one shirt 3 sizes too small that somehow still manages to be in the closet, crazy pants with patterns or something, her church shoes, and her hair all in a rat's nest, not even combed.
On Saturday, I had a Visiting Teaching Breakfast so it was up to him to get Carson and Kaiya ready and out the door. I was running late, so I didn't have time to get the kids ready. I know, he' s completely great for getting them ready and to the game on his own without a word of complaint, but just bear with me.
When I got back from the breakfast, I asked him how the game went.Here's our conversation:
Lindsay: "How was the game?"
Jared: "Good, but ugh! Kaiya was totally whiny because she was cold!"
Lindsay: "How come? Which jacket was she wearing? Wasn't she wearing her winter coat?"
Jared: "Oh, she wasn't wearing a coat."
Lindsay: "What!? Why on Earth was she not wearing a coat?"
Jared: "Well, she didn't go and get it from the hall closet."
Lindsay: "She's only 3, so you should get it for her. She can't even reach it. I'm sure that's why she was whiny."
Jared: "Yeah, I guess it was too cold out {It was like 45 degrees and really windy} for her to be wearing a short sleeve shirt and flip flops."
Seriously! This is reason #1,568 why kids have moms.
20 comments:
This is so hilarious and so true at our house too. Poor Kaiya was freezing, cuz on Saturday it was so cold. This is so something that Jack would do too! Yes, it's a good thing kids have moms! This was a funny post Linds!
I agree! My hubby is so picky about his clothes matching, but when it comes to the kids - Oh my now that is a sight!
So very true! Luke alway says their fine their just kids....uuuhhh what? Yes kids would be in sad shape if daddy had to get them ready everyday! Funny post!
Yeah, it's always interesting when Dad is in charge. You never know what you're going to get. They just don't pay attention to the little details like we do, it just doesn't matter to them if their daughter's hair is combed, or if they have matching socks on. I loved your "Who's the Boss" reference on Carson's hair. Too funny!
You forgot to add that carson was the only one in just shorts and his soccer shirt. All the other boys (on both teams) had their jerseys pulled over their winter coats.
Hey, he scored 7 goals though. Must have just been trying to keep the blood flowing.
This is hilarious and so true!
Loved your comment Jared!
This is SO TRUE! What gene do mom's have that dad's don't?! They love their kids, so why don't they care if they're freezing cold? I don't get it.
That is awesome. When Brad took the kids to Boise a few weeks ago, I stacked all their outfits together in their suitcases and told him to just use one stack at a time, no variations. Who knows what they ended up looking like!
Nice, Jared!
So true. We gotta love them for trying but putting matching and somewhat cuter outfits on kids is not in a dads skill list.
What saves Dads is that they mean well. I have to remind myself of this all the time.
Don't even get me started on this one...it's a mystery why they just can't get it. Then again, my husband has a style all his own (or that's what he calls it anyway)...I just call it color blind. :-)
My sister's and I talk about this ALL the time. Seriously, word for word. You are so not alone.
Men!!
We have the same problems, that was really funny I was laughing so hard.
My husband got our kids ready for church on Sunday. Cole had one of Brock's ties on (size big boy) and Brock was wearing a pair of high-water church pants with white socks. What?
All I can say is, "oh my hell!!"
Donald LOVES dressing the girls...and he's good at it. He is so picky about what they wear. And he will not take them out in public looking scruffy. He also LOVES to shop for them. He totally doesn't need me. It makes me feel good. If I were to die tomorrow, at least my kids would look cute still.
second that... MEN!
r u for real??? poor Kaiya...
this is an on going fight at our house! Ryan why doesn't mikkle have shoes on? "oh because he didn't go and get them"... Mikkel's not rational enough to think "Oh we are going in the car... I should go and get my shoes"
I love the 80's feather hair style thing, ryan thinks it is sooooo funny to brush our boys like that too!-nena
Post a Comment