14 April, 2008

A New Card Group

One of my favorite Enrichment group activities in my last ward was our card group. Every month we'd all make 10 cards. Then we'd exchange them with others so we would have 10 different cards to take home. We would also do some sort of make-and-take, and there would be yummy treats to snack on. Most of all, it was just fun to see people, hang out, and talk.

The thing is, I miss it. Nicole and I were talking about how fun it used to be and then we decided we should resurrect card group!

We'd like to start a card group again for anyone who is interested. It doesn't matter if you were in the original card group or not. It doesn't even matter if you are a beginner at making cards or a scrapbook expert, like Nicole! In addition to bringing our 10 cards each and exchanging them, we'd still like to do a make-and-take each month and have yummy treats. This would be a great way for people from different wards to get to know each other or keep in touch or even people from different towns to meet and get to know people.

I was thinking of having the first one at my house. Are any of you interested in this idea? Please let me know because we'd really like feedback on this.

21 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Uh, cards? Snacks? Friends? Another night out? Yeah, count me in. I'm so excited you guys are doing this!

PRP said...

I'm in! My only question is what night are you planning on doing it because of me and the whole babysitter thing...I'd be happy to host again if it means I can come! Just let me know. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. This will be fun!

Brenda said...

I would love to come!

TyLeen said...

Sounds like a fun thing. We tried to do one in our ward but we didn't get a very good turn out so we walked home with a lot of our original cards. I love the idea of lots of different people from lots of different places attending! How fun!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Count me in! I'm just going to apologize right now for my extreme lack of craftiness though.

Kris said...

I'm so not crafty. I don't think anyone would enjoy my cards. Sounds fun though. Maybe I could learn????

meohmyers said...

I can't wait. I would love to do this again! I miss it, too! Kris, don't let what you call lack of craftiness keep you from coming. You would have such a great time! I can host, too, Lindsay.

Shayla said...

Count me in!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I am pathetic at this. I have NO skills at creating, just copying.

Nicole said...

Debie - we all copy! I just find an idea I like and make it with different paper - and it's mine;)

And Linds - you are grounded.

polka dots said...

I would love to come!

Stacia said...

I'm in! I have been wanting to get back into the crafy thing lately. This is great, thanks for starting this back up!

I can host too, at my clubhouse.

Kate said...

let me know what night and I will see if I can go. I have always wanted to go but I think the one in our ward was always on nights I couldnt make it. I hope I can make it, if not the first one maybe the next one :)

Jessica said...

I want to come!! Let me know the details!!

AOlson said...

I would love to join in on the fun. Unfortunately, I was sick the day Heavenly Father handed out crafting skills. No crafty bones in my body, but I would love to learn and I CAN bake!

Ms. Kristen said...

Fun! Let me know when and where! I would love to host too!

Jan said...

Thanks for asking Lindsay about Mattie. Yes, the school has been wonderful and she is doing good.

Megan said...

I'd like to come too! I can give card making a shot, though, I am far better at the baking end as well.
Love to see friends and chat!

The Lassen Family said...

I would soooo be there-----if I wasn't half a continent away :)

hatch said...

Wow that sounds like fun! What night would you do it? I could host it sometime also.

Brooklet said...

I would like to join, too bad I live on the other side of the continent. Have fun!