This may be a bit boring for many of you, but I'm going to start a monthly post chronicling each month of Chloe's life and her milestones.
I took her to her well-visit today. Here are her stats:
25 inches long---75th percentile in height
13 lbs. 4 oz. ---45th percentile in weight
She really is my skinny baby. It's hard to believe because you look at her kissable cheeks and her Pillsbury dough boy arms and you think she's chubbers. Don't get me wrong, she's fully of chubby goodness, but Carson was over 17 lbs at 4 months and Kaiya was 15 lbs.
The doctor told me good news today---colic ends between 4 and 5 months. So in the next few weeks, I should see more and more of an improvement in Chloe. This is such a relief because I don't think I can really take more of the constant crying.
Things have been getting better lately anyways. There has been a little less crying and she is finally starting to smile more. We can actually get her to laugh some too. Of course, as with all our kids, Jared always gets her to do everything first with him. He got her first smile. When I finally got a smile out of her, then she laughed with him. When she finally laughed with me, then he got her cooing with him. My kids just love their daddy!
Some of Chloe's favorite things to do this last month include: sucking on her hands like crazy, batting at her tiger and hippo on her little jungle gym {then she tries to eat them}, sleep in a swaddle still, have mom hold her and carry her around all day facing out. {Facing out is the most important part, otherwise she is completely unhappy.}
During tummy time, Chloe always manages to get me to pick her up. It's quite ingenious really. She'll be on her tummy, as happy as can be, until she sees me. Then, all of a sudden, she smothers her face into the blanket, and starts screaming like she can't breath. Me, the paranoid mom that I am, immediately pick her up, thus giving her exactly what she wanted!
Chloe definitely has her hard moments. I always feel so bad for her when she cries so much because I just want her to be happy. She is such a sweet girl though. I love her smile. It just lights up her whole face. Isn't she adorable!
24 comments:
She told me she loved me the other day too. Has she told you that yet?
You guys are too cute! So is Chloe. I just love her cheeks. Chubby babies are the BEST!
ADORABLE! time moves so quickly--doesn't it?
She has the sweetest little face. Even when she's crying I bet she is still as cute as can be!
She is such a cutie! I love all the pictures, she has am adorable smile. I swaddled Shayla until she was 8 months old, how sad is that, but anything to get that extra sleep right??
Oh that sweet Chloe. I love those cheeks. I too love her little smile. I can't believe it has been 4 months. And I love her little trick for getting you to pick her up. She's a smart girl!!!
Once again Jared, your comment cracked me up!
Cute little girl you have there. And to find your Wii friend code, click on the mail icon in the bottom right hand corner of the main screen, and from there you can get into the address book. In the address book is where your Wii friend code is. Wii would love to play with you guys!
~The Donald
donaldrsorensonesq.blogspot.com
That is one cute baby. I can't believe that she is your skinny baby. She looks healthy and happy. I hope her colicky gets resolved soon! Good Luck!
I love her cheeks. They are the perfect little baby cheeks. Wow four months. That went fast.
How fun!! I love her cheeks!! Glad everything is settling down. At least you know she has strong lungs!
Never, never boring. I love hearing of her achievements and milestones. She is an absolute doll, you probably hear that all the time. I love her trick into getting you to pick her up, smartie!!
I just have to tell you this. My Chloe saw your Chloe's pictures and said What a cute baby. I told her that the cute baby was named Chloe too, and she said, "Oh that cute baby is me when I was a baby! I was so cute."
She is so sweet. I can't believe she ways only 13 lbs she looks much bigger. I love those cheeks.
That is so funny, Kim!
So fun to see such a cute picture of Chloe's big smile. I need to snuggle those sweet cheeks!
Cute, cute, cute.
what?! 4 months already! goes way too fast! she is a cutie!! erin
Chloe is better than People Magazine Lindsay. Are you kidding me about not caring? Whatever. She is the cutest thing. I do love your kids baby cheekies. Sorry about colic. It does go away thank goodness for that. 4 months has flown by. I just can't believe it.
My first born weighed 14 pds. in the first 2 weeks. He was born way over 10 though and he was 24 inches long. I was dying I thought. And now I wonder why my back hurts. Kids.....
She is so cute. Those cheeks....definately kissable! I can't believe that she is your smallest baby! You should post a baby pic of Carson...I would love to see 17 lbs at 4 months!
awww, happy 4 months Chloe!!
She is so cute! 4 months already! Time flies. I wish you luck with more smiles and happy times.
Chloe is a doll! So funny that even with those cheeks she's your smallest baby. I hope the colic takes a hike, that cannot be easy!
I love writing the stats like this. Where was blogging for my other kids so they have it all written down too? Reed will have the best baby book of all, ha!
Lindsay. Mattie will be practicing and singing at the church (108)tonight in preps for the funeral tomorrow. Are you going to be home this evening or our you going and watching Juno with the girls? Let me know what will work for you to give you the gift.
Jan
Jared...that was priceless.
Post a Comment