25 March, 2008

Things Kids Say

Kaiya and Jared playing with her magnetic dress-up barbie dolls
Jared: "Okay. I'll play with the hot barbie." {hot as in good-looking...I know, that's how Jared plays with his daughter.}
Kaiya: "I'll play with the cold barbie."

Carson wanting us all to play a family game
Carson: "Do you all wanna play a game? Or are you up for the challenge?"

Carson watching Jared organize his fantasy football teams during football season
Carson: "Daddy has a crush on Tom Brady."

Kaiya, on her way to Target with Jared
Kaiya: "I no want to go to the old Target. I want the new Target."

Kaiya walking in on me going to the bathroom
Kaiya: "Let me know when you are finished and I will come wipe you."

16 comments:

tharker said...

I love the Bates "kids say the darndest things" posts! They are awesome!

Hot Barbie...Nice, Jared.

I can hear Kaiya's sweet tone in her voice as she offers to help you wipe. What a sweet helper :)

Megan said...

I love Kaiya's offer. At my house its the opposite all day. "mom, come wipe my bum!"

melanie said...

So funny. I get mad when I can't remember the funny stuff they say. Sometimes I think I need a notebook around my neck.

Kaiya is so generous with her offer to help!

Jan said...

So funny Lindsay. I think you must have had the Malibu Barbie and the Winter Wonderland Barbie? So cute. So were you up for the game challenge? And did everything go okay in the bathroom Lindsay?

Kris said...

Kaiya's offer to help is priceless! I LOVE IT! The things that your kids say are so funny! Thanks for sharing them with us! Some of these could be on AFV, and you'd win for sure!

Sarah said...

These were cracking me up. I love that your husband will sit down and play barbies with Kaiya. Keep these posts coming because they are too funny.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I agree on the "new Target." I have no desire to go to the old one now that beautiful new one is here.
Do you just laugh all day at the comments your kids make? I call it OPEN COMMUNICATION, and you guys have it.

Kate said...

hilarious. :)
I need to start writing things down, I dont even remember what my kids said this morning! lol. I love the bathroom one, too cute!

Alicia Leppert said...

I love it so much when you do these. Your kids sure do say funny stuff a lot. It's priceless.

Aren't all the Barbies "hot"? I mean, come on, it's Barbie.

Sara said...

What fun you must have all day, listening to what your kids say. I love kaiya's offer to help you. "Hot Barbie" nice Jared.

polka dots said...

Love the Barbie play with Dad. I am laughing out loud. As for the bathroom one, I lock the door when I go to the bathroom now because of more than one incident just like this one.

AOlson said...

Did you take Carson's challenge? That sounds like something Jacob would say. Maybe that is why they get along so well.

Brooklet said...

What a thoughtful girl that Kaiya is! She can come over here to help Claire anytime.

Nancie said...

that is stinkin' funny. I love the cold barbie.

Samantha said...

that last one made me laugh out loud. that's so funny.

mumovearls said...

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard! -nena