We dyed Easter eggs...
Kaiya loved her pink egg until she accidentally broke it. Then she didn't want anything to do with it.
We went on an enormous Easter egg hunt with Ryan {Jared's cousin} and Nena's kids. There were over 200 candy-filled Easter eggs to find. As you can see, Carson took the hunt very seriously.
Carson was running as fast as his little legs would carry him.
Here's my niece Elsie trying to find her Easter egg. Gee, you think it might be cold outside?
I love this picture. Here is Carson with a completely tortured smile on his face. I made him stop so I could take a picture of him during the hunt. He knew that I wouldn't let him start hunting again until I had taken a picture of him with a smile, but he was getting all panicked, seeing the other kids grabbing up eggs. Pure torture. Hee hee. See...who ever said being a parent isn't fun?
Here's a picture of sweet Kaiya. She would only find the pink colored eggs. Apparently she was willing to sacrifice quantity of eggs for quality.
Carson found one of the money-filled eggs, which he was clearly pumped about.
Kaiya and Elsie in their matching Easter dresses! They are so cute!
Sad, but true. We took several pictures of our family and this was the best one of the bunch. Carson has a scary smile, Kaiya 's not looking in the camera, and Chloe is screaming at the top of her lungs. Good times.
Easter was lots of fun. It's always a blast spending time with family. Good people, good conversation, good eats and fun treats. It doesn't get any better than that.
21 comments:
Great pictures of the kids and your family. The last one is classic! Got to love those fun family pictures.
The girls dresses are adorable! I love the picture of Carson at the egg hunt, I can just hear him saying "Come on Mom take it already." that is totally what his smile says!!
Love the pictures! Carson cracks me up and Kaiya's loyalty to all things pink makes her a true princess!
a tie from TWO years ago...oh myhre.... :) that easter egg hunt was fun. i loved pairing up with kaiya as we discriminated against many of the egg colors....
Loved that easter egg hunt!! It was good to see you guys even if was only a short time! Kiaya was so cute with the pink egg thing it cracks me up is it just her favorite color right now?
Why was it so cold yesterday? -nena
Brynns did the same thing... she passed up lots of good eggs so she could have the pink ones.
I can relate to your Easter experience... Sounds very very fimiliar. After all the craziness isn't it nice to go to church and put everything in perspective. For example, why did I WASTE my entire Saturday hunting for Easter clothes? Your family looks adorable!
I think your little one and Danyelles little one had the same dresses. Really cute. Your kids are so funny. All things pink for Kiaya. And all things green (money) for Carson. Cute family. Glad you had a great Easter Linds.
Jan
That family picture is awesome! I love Kaiya's dress. It's so cute! You look great too! Looks like the time with Family was so worth it! Glad you had a great time!
Cute!! Glad you all had a great time! Good to see Elsie up and around!
You all look cute in your picture. Perfect isn't everything!
Love the family picture! So funny. Looks like a great family weekend. Cute pics!
Sign me up next year for the money filled easter eggs! I love the picture of Carson, that's so funny. Your girls are the reason the word adorable was invented. I can imagine Carson was gone 1 second after the click.
Awesome pictures Lindsay. They represent the myriad of fun that your family had this weekend. (I used it, hahaha!)
I can see the torture in Carson's face as you made him get a snapshot. You're an awesome mom!
Oh Kaiya. The egg discrimination is so classic. Love it. I also love that she liked her pink egg until it cracked. Apparently, she only wants PERFECT PINK EGGS. Yes, yes...a princess indeed! Love that girl!
The family picture is great. I can just hear Jared saying, "That was money. Peace out." I also agree with Kristen. You look fab!
Those are some great pictures! I love Carsons smile in the pictures. And the family picture is just pricless, that one will be one you can tell stories with :)
Perfect family photo! Perfect.
This was so fun. Never a dull moment with the Bates. I love that you guys have "money eggs" at your egg hunt, too. I thought my parents were the only ones that did that. And that picture of Carson waiting patiently while you snapped his picture in the middle of the hunt...it totally cracked me up that you can see his eyes looking off to the side, searching for the next egg.
Your picture has sent memories of high school flooding my brain-do you remember bobby fielder?
Your picture has sent memories of high school flooding my brain-do you remember bobby fielder?
Love the money egg thing. We do that too some years- but for the poor parents. One spouse is blindfolded and the other leads them around to pick up eggs with moolah in it.
Carson, can i borrow a dollar?
It sounds like you had a great Easter. I love the family picture!
You look so good Lindsay! I had the same issues with white shoes for Kathryn. But we live in shopping hell so there wasn't even one pair left. Anywhere! She looked so cute but had the dumbest shoes on. I was on one about this town and the shopping on Sat. It wasn't pretty.
Love the egg hunt photos. I was a total loser with an egg hunt this year. And the weather on Sun, it just plain sucked! Elsie and her egg crack me up.
Post a Comment