ABC's of Me
A. Attached or Single-Attached to Dirty>South, who ironically isn't dirty or from the south
B. Best Friend(s)-Love 'em! I'm blessed to have awesome friends.
C. Cake or Pie-Cake all the way, no contest!
D. Day of Choice-Saturday because Jared's home and we spend time together as a family.
E. Essential Item- hmm, maybe computer?
F. Flavor of Ice Cream-I was on a Breyers Banana Bonanza kick before I went off milk
G. Gummy Bears or Worms--Yeah, neither. Give me something chocolate or like Hot tamales or Licorice
I. Indulgences-I like to indulge in a fun girls night out or date night with the hubby
J. January or July--July, fun in the sun--nothing better than that.
K. Kids-3--1 who wants to be president, 1 who thinks she's a princess, and 1 who always gets mauled by the other two.
L. Last movie I saw in theatre- Juno--It's a fun movie. Jan, if there is one more tag with you saying Bee Movie, I think I'll have to take you to the movies myself! :)
M. Marriage Date- May 28th
N. Number of siblings- I am 1 of 2 kids. I'm the younger of the two, so I guess they saved the best for last?
O. Orange or Apples- Apples because I hate picking all the white stuff off the oranges...and I have to pick off ALL the white stuff.
P. Phobias or Fears- I have a major fear/phobia of public speaking. I hate getting up in front of people, having them all stare at me with their undivided attention, and watch me make a _______ {you can fill in the blank} of myself because not only am I stammering, saying "um" and "like" and "you know what I mean" a gazillion times, I never even produce a coherent thought.
Q. Quote- thanks, Melanie!
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. . . Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
- Gordon B. Hinckley
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. . . Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
- Gordon B. Hinckley
R. Reason to smile- My husband and kids.
S. Season--Fall because the leaves are turning colors, it's still nice, not-too-cold weather
T. Tag- anyone who wants to participate...come on, you know you want to!
U. Unknown fact about me--I once was on the front page of the pullman newspaper. It was a picture of me asleep. My 15 min. of fame and I was asleep. Of all the rotten luck.
V. Vegetarian or oppressor of Animals- Oppressor of Animals I guess.
W. Worst Habit- I always run about 5 minutes late
X. X-rays or Ultrasounds- Ultrasounds--I've only had ultrasounds for my babies so it's always a happy occasion.
Y. Your favorite Food- currently it is all food that I don't have to make myself.
Z. Zodiac- Virgo--so I looked up Virgo characteristics...here they are.
Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
Intelligent and analytical
Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist and conservative
Ooh, don't you all want to be friends with a Virgo? Sounds like a blast...
15 comments:
Great list Lindsay! I would have never guessed your fear/phobia. You always seem like you've got something great to say! I loved how you looked up the characteristics of a Virgo. I should do that with Libra! Why did they have a picture of you sleeping on the front page of the paper? These are always fun. I'm glad you played along!
So funny Lindsay. I have the same Virgo problems. We battle with ourselves. I use to refer to your hometown as "Moses Hole". I think yours must be the new improved name. Love the quote. He was so good at keeping it real. I will miss that. And you are so right to point out that I have no life when it comes to going to the movies. And I heart you back. Thanks Lindsay. I finally got you to waste more than 5 minutes and I know that is really tough on Virgos.
I want the full story on the asleep picture in the paper. I'm right with you on the speaking in front of people thing, and I have to speak in church on Sunday.
That last line is why I love you. You are so dang funny! I can hear the sarcasm in your voice!
That's funny, Danyelle, I was thinking the exact same thing about the last line. You could so hear Lindsay saying that.
Lindsay, all I could think about reading about your phobia was when you did sharing time in primary. That pretty much summed up your description of speaking in public!
What's all this about sharing time?? Give it up Lins!
I think you're brilliant Linds so who cares if you don't like speaking in public. You have enough other qualities to more than make up for that. :)
And I want the newspaper story too...
Lots of interesting facts about yourself, I wonder if you know my aunt and uncle from Moses Lake - Brett and Sherri Hill? I really your fav. quote as well, I might have to print that off and hang it on my fridge.
I meant, I really like your quote as well. Darn these fingers.
I have always thought I was more of a Virgo than a Libra. Since I was actually born three weeks late, I claim Virgo. Although now I'm wondering if I should. Whatever! We are tons of fun!
Lindsay! I've met you once, but I finally know you, and I am loving it!
You make me laugh. Loved your ABC's list. I am the same exact way about my oranges, too, and unfortunately passed that trait on to my children as well. Darn all that white stuff!
You need to post your famous newspaper picture!
I still love the fact that Carson wants to be president. What an ambitious young man :)
Oh I loved them all! What a great list :) I have never heard that quote before, but what a great one. I love learning more about you!
Post a Comment