They are cute...
But they are hard and a lot of work!
When I was pregnant with Chloe, everyone told me, "Oh, third babies are angel babies. She'll be your easiest one yet." Yeah, not so much. While Chloe is a very sweet baby, she cries. ALL. THE. TIME. So much that I find myself thinking that I wish she had come with an instruction manual.
After talking to a few friends, I am currently looking into whether she may be allergic to something, such as milk. So the last few days I have taken milk and milk products out of my diet. This has been a huge sacrifice on my part. You all know how much I love milk products. I love cereal, I love cheese, I love yogurt, I LOVE ice cream. I'm in milk detox right now and let's just say it's not pretty. I've been so grouchy about it that finally Jared said, "Oh, just go eat a bowl of ice cream already!!!"
But it's all worth it, if I can make this sweet girl happy...
BEST. BABY PRODUCT. EVER.
How in the world did I raise two kids without this thing? It's like the greatest thing ever. You can put them in it as soon as they can hold up their head. Chloe loves it. It gives her the opportunity to look around at something other than the ceiling and gives me the opportunity to have like 5 minutes to get something done.
On a final note, I need to get myself a new diaper bag. The Similac bag they gave me at the hospital just isn't cutting it. Sure it's better than the heinous blue and yellow Peter Rabbit bag I got with Carson, but I need to get a real one. Besides, tons of people use the free hospital bag. Last week at church I accidentally grabbed someone else's bag. So if any of you know where to get a cute one, let me know.
19 comments:
It's amazing what we moms will give up to get the baby to just stop crying. I would be cranky without my milk products, too. They come out with the coolest new baby gadgets...she looks pretty cute sittin' pretty in that thing.
That seat is so cute. I bet it also helps with not having a patch of hair missing on the back of their heads. So cool. Bummer that Chloe's been so cranky. Porter was the same way. I'm telling you, #3 is hard. Trust Me. Thanks for the yummy treats tonight. Good Luck with everything!
Oh and the diaper bag story is hilarious, but so true!
Sorry about the milk situation. There is alot of alternatives out there. Love the seat but the Chloe in it more. Good luck finding that perfect diaper bag. Maybe Etsy shops. Type in diaper bag and see the magic appear.
Chloe is so adorable, the time will come when you miss her crying all the time. Right? :) Anyway, for the diaper bag try target or even ellabella. Have fun shopping for the perfect bag.
I know how hard this has been for you. My babies each had their "fussy" time every night, but nothing like what you have been enduring with little Miss Chloe. It will get better. It has to right???
I'm sorry that you are in withdrawl right now. Well, if it turns out not to be the milk thing, at least you can go back to your ice cream next week!
I love ya Linds. Hang in there.
Okay, on to that adorable little girl sitting in the Bumbo. Seriously. She is so gorgeous!!! I love the hair bow, and her outfit.
She is chubby goodness! So cute. Sorry that she is going through a cholicy time. But chances are it will soon pass. Look for the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully you can get back to ice cream soon!
She's adorable. I'm so getting a bumbo too. Jessica's was awesome with Naomi, I was sold in the first 5 mins.
I think I want a baby just so I can put it in a Bumbo!!
Sorry about the fussiness you're dealing with!! If the milk-detox isn't helping, I loved a DVD called "The Happiest Baby on the Block". Not everything is useable in it, but there are enought good "tricks" to help in some tough situations. Plus, the Dr. in it is so weird, it's a must see for the freak factor....
Good luck!
Ooh crying baby and no milk products! Talk about a rough week... On the up side she is so cute and that chair looks pretty dang cool. I'm going to have check into one for our next bambino now... If you ever want to talk or rest or whatever, just give me a buzz. I will come and hold your baby while you get some sleep or talk my ear off I'm open:)
She is just too darn cute :)
I bought a bumbo for nolan really hoping it would help me out, but he HATED it! he would arch his back and almost fall out. I heard they either love it or they hate it.
As for baby bags...My sister in law got my Kate Spade diaper bag at the TJ Maxx in Portland for pretty cheap. It is so durable. So maybe they have some at the one herein town.
Come on Linds. You know you're kicking yourself for getting rid of the Peter Rabbit bag! That was H-O-T!
It is so frustrating when you don't know why you're baby is fussy and if there is something really wrong with them. Good thing Chloe is so adorable! I never found a diaper bag I really liked, so I just found a really cute womens (large) bag with lots of pockets and zippers and it works great, especially for church because I can put my other church things in it too. Then during the week for quick trips I'll take my little black hospital freebie bag.
I could not live without milk products! I feel for you!
I think that I need to get one of those seats for Elisabeth. I have heard wonderful things about them.
As for diaper bags.....I always see cute ones at target....I buy everything at Target...love that store!
Oh, the baby that never stops crying. Thanks to Macy, I still get chills down my spine when I hear a baby cry. She didn't stop screaming for two months. Seriously, I am the pro at holding screaming babies, please PLEASE call me and let me come hold her or whatever you need to get a break, because I know it can just about send you to the loony bin.
They didn't have the Bumbo with my babies, I'm so jealous! The funniest thing is Friday night I was at Target and saw a big recall sign in front of the Bumbo so I read it. Yeah, um, apparently if you put your baby in it on a table or counter top, they might flip off onto the floor. So thanks to the few idiots who did that, now it's a recall??!!
poor chloe....and poor you. good thing she is so adorable. :)
you poor mom- milk is a must in my diet! But anything for sanity! I need to get one of those seats next time I have a baby-n
Hope your efforts in giving up dairy help! I know it is a big sacrifice. She is so dang cute. Guess that is a very good thing since she has been cranky alot.
I can totally relate to the third baby needing a how-to book. I love my Kelsie to pieces but she definately is a more challenging baby than Jacob and Kayla ever were. She cries way more than the other two ever did. Some times I feel like a first time mom with her.
Post a Comment